Journal Mod

BlackZero500

Ok so in the past from what I seen I tried to set it up so that you could write an .ini file from skyrim itself and then I wanted to "link" it to a book and while I managed to set (mostly) a bugged thing I hadn't (and still don't) have an idea to how I could link it to a book.

^I still could use that idea to "help", while not being directly able to link it to the book itself, I could still use it in the (for now 2) scripts, I could register the various characters to the .ini in integer form and then translate it to chars when needed (I think this method would make the mod less memory expensive, maybe?).

In the video you will see lots of "0" at first, those would be the "placeholders", in future it would just be a lot of spaces (seen as empty space) but the idea would still be the same, it would have a limited space (100 for instance) and each one would work as a placeholder, as you type an Integer would register the current position so it can point to the next one and it would always be so unless you press the "delete" key, in that case it would go behind by 1, maybe I could even put a "|" symbol so you can see where you're typing.

Currently I'm working on another mod request so It was just a fast sample, currently only numbers can be written and the space is 10, the update is done when you stop reading and not right away as you can see but I think I could "refine" it to make it playable once I'm done with the other request, it's not exactly a new UI and all the stuff you guys asked for but is it close enough?

Edited by Xilante

It's funny how every time I take up a request people stop replying, did I bloat so many saves with my mods? :O

Anyway, Small update regarding this mod, I put both 0-9 numbers and A-Z letters, so you can pretty much write the journal now, the only thing to add now is a way to refresh the screen while in book (which currently I have no idea how to) because the book will look empty until you reopen it.
I do have a few ideas on how I could do it but I'm not sure if they will work.

Sorry for Not answering. Cant type painless because of an accident while skating. Ok i looked into the Mod so far and i am impressed. Its an early stage, but its just how i wanted it so far. that it cant be in inventory to write it is not that bad at all. Ok the refreshing needs some improvement just like the number of pages and characters. Pictures would be really cool. Im looking forward to updates.

please excuse my english. Its not my motherlanguage and im on painkillers.

I can easily do all the rest but I'm afraid unless someone helps me I can't do anything to improve the refreshing futher, I looked pretty much everywhere and anything and the best I could do was close and open the book.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I feel i should mention that Take Notes, the mod i believe you're refering to in the original post regarding the whole opening up a menu thing?
The mod author expressed that in a (Not to distant) future update he will be adding a physical book to write in as well, i would recommend watching that mod as he seems to understand the sort of journal we're all looking for ;3

Edit:
Don't be afraid to give him suggestions too! :)
He's very open to suggestions and the opinions of others, if you'd like to see something specific with the journal, let him know and i'm sure he'll do his best to accomodate you and others who would like to see the same thing :)

Edited by Constance

I feel i should mention that Take Notes, the mod i believe you're refering to in the original post regarding the whole opening up a menu thing?

Since this thread started in april and TakeNotes was released in December, I don't think the OP reffered to TakeNotes :wink:

but thanks anyway for mentioning it in this thread.

BTW, TakeNotes has just been updated to 1.4

Here is a current screenshot

http://static1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/48375-1-1387718719.jpg

Edited by LordConti2