Circlet Mesh Replacers, Standalones

Elleh

So, I gotta say..... I've never really liked the vanilla circlets. And as primarily a mage player, I see them a lot. I've tried some beautiful texture replacers offered here on the Nexus, but that never helped the fact that the meshes were so..... chunky. I can understand it from a design point of view - smaller details and pieces of jewelry just don't stand out well. But in all the rugged manliness of Skyrim I just wanted something pretty, darnit.

So I took a break from my custom armor and tried my hand at some jewelry. They had to be "delicate" (ish), and they had to, well.... not clip with my custom armor's hood. Heh.

Below are shots of all 10 circlet gem/material variations that completely replace the vanilla models. They have settings for three stones, just like the originals. The bottom two images show some standalone pieces with possible new materials: ebony, opal, amethyst and diamond. Daedric will likely appear, as well as dragon bone. Or perhaps you folks would like to see some other materials.....?

A larger image for detail:

A little sparkle under that plain hood:

I'm not quite done with these yet. But in the meantime, I'd love to hear some general opinions and any suggestions for improvement. :smile: I'm working on getting a bit more sparkle out of the faceted stones, maybe "cleaning" the metals up a bit, and adjusting the fit. Beast races will be supported - the khaajit model is all set, and just needs all the various materials set up. Argonian will be hot on its heals. I'm not really planning for a male version for a couple of reasons: 1) these look really girly(?) 2) the thought of setting up 30 (40, if I work out making world models) more nifs is really, really, unpleasant. :C If there is an unexpected avalanche of "blarghmalecircletplz!!111!!", I might work something out. But for now.....

I'm also thinking of making some new meshes for a handful of standalone items (with additional materials mentioned above). I've done a couple dozen sketches and narrowed it down to seven. Out of those, I might choose two or three. Favorites anybody? Note that the top two are the same, just with the settings in a different arrangement.

Anyway! I've been lurking around in this community for so long, I figured it was about time I shared something!

• 2 months later...

Hi! Wow, I haven't worked on these for a while (bad, bad me!). As I looked at them, I realized they needed a lot more work to be really top-notch. i.e. There is a rather large gap between the circlet and the character's forehead, and I did a pretty poor job of unwrapping them - I really wasted a lot of pixel space.

However..... if this doesn't bother you too much I put up a "rough draft" here. The current version contains exactly what you see in the screenshots, and will work for human and elven females only. Don't know when I'll get around to fixing them up, but hopefully these are tolerable for now. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Make ALL of them, they're all beautiful xD Haha, ok, if you want us to choose a favourite let's see... I can't really choose lol. It would depend on how they look on my character, but I know that I will be happy with whatever you choose to create. Your work is gorgeous. All those meshes are simply beautiful.

I agree with you, vanilla circlets are ugly, clunky, poorly done take your pick. Now all the circlets in my game are your designs. My character is wearing the Aetherium crown and I am using a retexture but, it still does not have the delicate look and feel of yours. The stones in the retex I am using are just about right but the circlet or crown (the metal part) just seems uninspiring, although the animated aura between the stones is kind of cool.

Make ALL of them, they're all beautiful xD Haha, ok, if you want us to choose a favourite let's see... I can't really choose lol. It would depend on how they look on my character, but I know that I will be happy with whatever you choose to create. Your work is gorgeous. All those meshes are simply beautiful.

If I knew it wouldn't take ages I would.... X3. I'll probably pick out a set of the most varying ones. The first and sixth are two of my personal favorites - and I think the first one would be a good candidate for "daedric". We'll see what happens.....

And thank you. :) I'm glad you like my work!

I agree with you, vanilla circlets are ugly, clunky, poorly done take your pick. Now all the circlets in my game are your designs. My character is wearing the Aetherium crown and I am using a retexture but, it still does not have the delicate look and feel of yours. The stones in the retex I am using are just about right but the circlet or crown (the metal part) just seems uninspiring, although the animated aura between the stones is kind of cool.

Ooooh, I think I'll do something unique for the Atherial crown. I haven't decided what yet, 'tho. It will likely be a more elaborate design, as it is meant to be a rare and powerful artifact.