Critter script bugfix

steve40

Steve, have you thought of putting all your script fixes together as a mod? I'm already using the dunBluePalaceArena, fxDustDropRandom and lvlpredatorscript fixes and this is another one added to my list. :smile:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ztrathego: I've built upon any changes that USKP have made.

I've updated the archive and included a fix for "critterFish" script. I don't think USKP has attempted to fix that script yet.

I'm fixing errors as I encounter them while I play.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, downloaded and running your fix scripts for lvlpredator and critter scripts and they've done wonders for my game stability, so a big thanks even though they are WIP.

Another bug which I'm not sure youve hit yet I hit on a stretch just after Rorikstead I crashed with a 58MB payrus log full of:

(FF00138B)].critterMoth.BellShapeTranslateToRefNodeAtSpeedAndGotoState() - "Critter.psc" Line 725
[ (FF00138B)].critterMoth.GoToNewPlant() - "CritterMoth.psc" Line 278
[ (FF00138B)].critterMoth.OnUpdate() - "CritterMoth.psc" Line 138
[05/25/2013 - 08:06:04PM] Error: Unable to call Is3DLoaded - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].ObjectReference.Is3DLoaded() - "" Line ?
[ (FF000AFE)].critterMoth.PlaceDummyMarker() - "Critter.psc" Line 356
[ (FF000AFE)].critterMoth.BellShapeTranslateToRefAtSpeed() - "Critter.psc" Line 635
[ (FF000AFE)].critterMoth.BellShapeTranslateToRefNodeAtSpeedAndGotoState() - "Critter.psc" Line 725
[ (FF000AFE)].critterMoth.GoToNewPlant() - "CritterMoth.psc" Line 278
[ (FF000AFE)].critterMoth.OnUpdate() - "CritterMoth.psc" Line 138
[05/25/2013 - 08:06:04PM] Error: Unable to call Is3DLoaded - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].ObjectReference.Is3DLoaded() - "" Line ?
[ (FF001342)].critterMoth.PlaceLandingMarker() - "Critter.psc" Line 343
[ (FF001342)].critterMoth.BellShapeTranslateToRefAtSpeed() - "Critter.psc" Line 632
[ (FF001342)].critterMoth.BellShapeTranslateToRefNodeAtSpeedAndGotoState() - "Critter.psc" Line 725
[ (FF001342)].critterMoth.GoToNewPlant() - "CritterMoth.psc" Line 273
[ (FF001342)].critterMoth.OnUpdate() - "CritterMoth.psc" Line 138
[05/25/2013 - 08:06:04PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp27"
stack:
[ (FF00138B)].critterMoth.PlaceDummyMarker() - "Critter.psc" Line 356
[ (FF00138B)].critterMoth.BellShapeTranslateToRefAtSpeed() - "Critter.psc" Line 635

I am running Willows 101 bugs which exacerbates the problem but I'm pretty sure the bugs are in the critter scripts.

Edit:

Ok .. started a new game, and still getting this bloating my logs and eventually ctding. The more wilderness wandering the sooner the log bloats and I evntually ctd. It has helped in one sense in that I no longer get the randomish ctd caused by the crittermoth script, however its not not stable enough for me to use yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried the critter.psc fix and I'm still having an issue. After adding Steve's file it says there's an issue with line 255.

[06/03/2013 - 10:44:24PM] Error: Unable to call Is3DLoaded - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

[None].ObjectReference.Is3DLoaded() - "<native>" Line ?

[ (FF00181E)].critterMoth.OnUpdate() - "Critter.psc" Line 255

[06/03/2013 - 10:44:24PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp17"

state KickOffOnStart

Function OnUpdate()

GotoState("")

; ; Debug.TraceConditional("Critter " + self + " is creating landing markers", bCritterDebug)

; Create our landing and dummy markers

landingMarker = PlaceAtMe(LandingMarkerForm)

;; while (!landingMarker.Is3DLoaded() && is3DLoaded()) - THIS IS LINE 255

while !landingMarker.Is3DLoaded() ; BUGFIX BY STEVE40

wait(0.1)

endWhile

Will this work differently then the "clearinvalidregistrations" SKSE.ini script?

Just an FYI, but this will do nothing for these log spamming scripts. That setting ONLY applies to mods which have been removed from the game and left behind rogue RegisterForUpdate type events. Since you obviously can't remove Skyrim.esm from the game, any registrations it makes are entirely valid even if they're bugged to all hell. SKSE will NOT remove these.

@Steve40: Some folks are asking for us to incorporate this into the USKP. Would you have any objection to us doing so? If not, can we have your permission to incorporate this once we've put it through some testing?

Hmmm, I enter this location:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blind_Cliff_Cave

the skse log will spammed around 50-60MB before get CTD, same as the report of "slamminuk".

And when I leave the area, and go another location, the log is spammed, and 5-6 minute to get CTD.

My mods: only unofficial pathces:

Dawnguard.esm
Hearthfires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Edited by mefi75

Like I said earlier, I'm only fixing critter errors that appear in *my* game while I'm playing. I can't possibly remote debug everyone else's game, it's like trying to fix a car blindfolded.