Critter script bugfix

steve40

Any feedback on the latest scripts? I've been playing Skyrim at least a couple of hours per day over the last week without a single critter error at all! Edited by steve40

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've updated the scripts to v2.5.

I found a situation in Lakeview Manor (Hearthfire) where Bethesda forgot to set a property on a bee spawner on a planter in the alchemy wing. This caused endless log spam. I've added sanity checks to the v2.5 critter script fixes to kill the script when this happens and notified the Unofficial Patch team about the Hearthfire bug.

I've been playing extensively all over Skyrim for the last couple of weeks, without any papyrus spam nor crashes related to critter scripts. I hadn't even realized you had updated the fix since v 1.0 because of my flawless playthroughs :biggrin:! This fix coupled with your lvlpredator fix basically stopped 99.9% of my CTDs! You are a gentleman and a scholar, thanks!

Hi hi!

Salutations!

Hola!

I want to tell you that I completely ADORE your work here.

However, there's a problem in my.... most important save hehehe...
I know that it can't fix already looped broken critter scripts, but it is never bad to look for information from experts.

Now, I seem to have a really really annoying critter error in Windhelm. This time, with "critterdragonfly".

Here's the code in its last seconds:

[07/14/2013 - 01:32:50AM] Error: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].ObjectReference.Delete() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (FF000D28)].critterdragonfly.disableAndDelete() - "Critter.psc" Line 300
[ (FF000D28)].critterdragonfly.OnCellDetach() - "CritterDragonFly.psc" Line 222
[07/14/2013 - 01:32:50AM] Error: Unable to call Delete - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].ObjectReference.Delete() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (FF000D28)].critterdragonfly.disableAndDelete() - "Critter.psc" Line 303
[ (FF000D28)].critterdragonfly.OnCellDetach() - "CritterDragonFly.psc" Line 222
[07/14/2013 - 01:32:53AM] Error: Unable to call RegisterForSingleUpdate - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None]._WetColdBreathFrigid.RegisterForSingleUpdate() - "<native>" Line ?
[None]._WetColdBreathFrigid.OnUpdate() - "_WetColdBreathFrigid.psc" Line ?

It could be also Wet&Cold's script, but I'm pretty much interested only in dragonfly. If there's any way to avoid it in my save or something.

Also... If Wet&Cold's script can be somehow revised, or any tip in how I could solve it... I'd appreciate it a ton.

Added your bugfixes after the unofficial patches, getting tons of these now during gameplay:

[07/14/2013 - 05:13:10PM] Error: Argument variable "recursions" was not successfully looked up
stack:
[ (00047992)].critterspawn.OnLoad() - "<savegame>" Line ?

Any ideas?

Game currently in progress btw, about 60 hours in.

edit: Found an old post of yours, Steve, in another thread, which recommended reinstalling SKSE for this. I did so and did not get these errors in the most recent session.

edit edit: I may have spoken too soo - loaded an older save and got tons of the above.

@T113: SKSE is irrelevant. Those errors should go away in due course once the critter spawners that are still running the old scripts unload from memory (at that point the new spawner script should take over). You can probably force the cells to unload by opening the console and "coc qasmoke" (no quotes) to teleport to the test area. Now wait a minute then coc back into the game and save. Quit Skyrim and restart it and load up the new save (to start a fresh log) then play for a bit and then check your log. Hopefully it should be much cleaner. But like I said in my first post, you will get best results if you start a new game.

Edited by steve40

Steve, thanks for the response - for anyone interested, Skyrim Immersive Creatures 6.1 has respawner controls in its MCM menu - you can set everything to respawn in 1hr, wait, then set it back to defaults. Soooo much easier. Plus the new enemies are very cool. :biggrin:

I'll check it out tonight. As usual, I'm running way way overmodded, so it can be difficult to determine if a given issue is something caused by recent tinkering, or one of those things that's been lurking for a while, waiting to strike.

I started a new game for the heck of it, played a half hour, and didn't see any lvlpredator, critter, dunblue, or dust script messages at all, I'm sure my current main save has all sorts of nasties baked in.

Some of my critter fixes have now been implemented in USKP. I'll check it out and see what the differences are.

Edit: USKP v1.3.3 seems to be using an older version of my critter and fish fix (v0.5) and doesn't use my fixes to the moths, spawner and firefly. My newer scripts have fixes to prevent infinite loops, so I recommend that you continue to use the latest version (v2.5) of my script fixes.

Edited by steve40