• Please log in to reply
3781 replies to this topic

nknight2084

nknight2084

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
Can i use deadly mutilation mod with SOS light version?

Shubal

Shubal

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,319 posts
In response to post #8408761. #8410178, #8410770 are all replies on the same post.

Be sure to uncheck slot 52 in sexlabs male clothing removal options.

DeathMonkey

DeathMonkey

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

There are a few posts here about how SOS is not fully compatible with Frostfall.  I understand that this incompatibility is due to Frostfall checking clothing slot 32 to see if you're wearing body armor, and SOS moves the body armor over to slot 52, causing the check in Forstfall to miss the armor.

Since I was unaware of any fixes for this (other than turning down the exposure rate in Frostfall), I decided to see if I could fix it myself.  I think I may have succeeded.

I changed two lines of code in Frostfall to let slot 52 be a valid location for armor.  After compiling the code and looking at the result in game, Frostfall and SOS now seem to be working nicely together.  I now receive credit for my body armor in Frostfall, and SOS still seems to be running normally.

I have only tested my fix with the latest versions of both mods (v2.03.010b for SOS and 2.4a for Frostfall), and only on my own copy of the game, so no guarantees it will work for everyone.

Still, if anyone else wants to try out my fix, here is the modified script.  You will need to copy this version of "_de_clothingmonitor_1_7.pex" into the "Skyrim\Data\scripts" folder and replace the version of this file provided by Frostfall.

You can take a look at what I changed in the source in the  "_de_clothingmonitor_1_7.psc" file here.  I changed lines 2676 and 2677.

Once again, this is just a quick fix of my own, and I have no idea if it breaks anything elsewhere.

AenaosMonomaxos

AenaosMonomaxos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
In response to post #8412790.

i will try this thank you

FelioCusland

FelioCusland

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
In response to post #8412790. #8413038 is also a reply to the same post.

That's good, I think it's definitely something worth testing.
Just warning for testing purposes: since I don't use Frostfall I'm not sure how the mod works (nor what exactly is the issue with the WEAR system), but SOS doesn't CHANGE armor slot from 32 to 52, it ADDS slot 52 to be checked as equipped when wearing armor, so when you wear armor with SOS you get both slot 32 and 52 as equipped.
If this tricks the WEAR system to acknowledge armor instances modified by SOS as worn that's good, but it should be tested if the changes to the script don't have the opposite effect and make frostfall don't work with mod-added armors that don't have slot 52 "taken" (i.e. immersive armors, bosmer armor, etc.).

FelioCusland

FelioCusland

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
In response to post #8411097.

SOS light is just a body replacer, but it replaces the skeleton to add the schlong bones. DM conflicts with any mod replacing skeleton by causing CTDs, I don't know if there's a DM/SOS compatible skeleton out yet...

GIJhen

GIJhen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Awesome mod!

Has anyone had problems with argonians and kajjit texures looking like they are not that race? I was walking through the forest and came across an argonian with his shirt off. He looked like he was wearing an orc colored smooth torso with no scales or argonian texture or colors. From the neck up and the wrists down the textures seemed fine, but the torso and the arms were a plain body that didn't look right? Im not using any other mods so I know thats not the issue?

nathanb16

nathanb16

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 176 posts
This is probably a silly question that's been answered before but can I use all three schlong styles in game (for more variation) or do I have to choose one only ?

Thicketford

Thicketford

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

A few weeks ago someone mentioned a guide in progress that would show what effect the various globals have.  Did this ever get made? 

Lord Skass

Lord Skass

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
In response to post #8415785.

You can use all three at the same time (I do). SOS will choose a schlong for an npc (or player) based upon the % probabilities you enter (or randomly by default), so you can for example set a type to only appear on specific races or mess about with the chances of it being chosen.

Page loaded in: 1.094 seconds