5924 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 959,237 posts
Moonlight Tales - Werewolf and Werebear Overhaul

This mod aims at making being a werewolf a much more immersive, atmospheric and fun experience. Lunar Transformations, unique skin system, playable Werebear, Werewolf / Werebear followers and NPCs, Hunter NPCs, infection and diseases, new cure alternative, music, sound effects and much more.

spwned

spwned

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
Changes in the Latest Versions
2014.09.01. Version 2.33 changes:

=> Script / Faction Logic Upgrade:
The option granting alliance with wolves will no longer have any side effects (The Vigilants of Stendarr faction won't incorrectly attack you on sight in human form.). In addition to this, werebears can now be allied to bears by using the same option.

2014.08.17. Version 2.32 changes:

=> Bugfixes: Keybind Function Repair
Changing the keys in MCM no longer crashes the main player werebeast script. This issue was behind the lunar transformation and music related bugs.
If you had the bug, clean save is required.

2014.08.11. Version 2.31 changes:

=> Bugfixes: Aela, Vilkas and Farkas
The dialogue to change their beast form skin textures will now correctly show up.

=> Bugfixes: Friendly Wolves in Human Form
Getting cured from beast blood will now correctly remove the player's friendship to the wolf faction.

2014.08.10. Version 2.3 changes:

=> New Feature / Hotkey: Power Jump
With this new power you can activate a boost that last 4 seconds, allowing you to jump ten times (customisable) as high as you would normally do for the cost of 30% total stamina (one jump per activation). After you perform the jump, it also completely protects you from fall damage for 6 seconds. The hotkey has an alternate use when pressed mid air. In this use, it will only prevent all fall damage for the next 6 seconds. By default it is on the Q key, but you can bind it anywhere you like. Hunt your prey from rooftops, mountain sides and even tree tops if you aim right! Only works in Beast Form, and comes with visual clues (special effects) and sounds.

=> New Feature / Hotkey: Revert Form
- This ability will instantly return you to your humanoid form. It comes with an additional setting called 'Allow Revert on Lunar Transform'. By default Revert Form is on the Left Control, but you can bind this ability to any key you like.

=> New Feature / Option: No Beast Form Cooldown
- Disables the cooldown on your Beast Form ability. NPC werebeasts are not affected by this change, and will continue to use the regular cooldown setting.

=> New Feature / Option: Friendly Wolves in Human Form
- When this setting is enabled, wolves in the wild become friendly towards beast blooded players. If you approach too close to a Vigilants of Stendarr, they may sniff out your secret easier.

=> Bugfixes: Blood Potions, Hearths, Followers
- Fixed the bug, that caused these functions to fail when Amazing Follower Tweaks script files were not installed.

=> Bugfixes: Werewolf Aftermath Re-Equipper by Korodic
- Custom enchanted gear should now correctly apply their effects after the Re-Equipper does it's magic.

Recommended Mods to use with Moonlight Tales
Predator Vision
Heart of the Beast - The fur and eye textures are included in Moonlight Tales, but not the sound files. Go and grab them!
A Matter of Time - A HUD clock widget by SkyAmigo - Displays the current moon phase, amongst many other useful features.
Werewolf Mastery by RolandSir - Read the section just bellow for instructions. Works only with MT 2.05!
Amazing Follower Tweaks by Dheuster - Note that this mod was not updated for a while.

Recommended Perk Mods (Install only one of them at a time.)
Werewolf Perks Expanded by MichaelDusk
Bloodmoon Rising by XeNoN

Featured on Brodual Skyrim Mod Spotlight:
qvfqm1PnH-E

If you enjoy the mod and you would like to help then please consider clicking endorse.
Thanks to all of you who supported Moonlight Tales!

Edited by spwned, 04 October 2014 - 11:50 AM.

Xanins

Xanins

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
Can't wait to try it out! Looks amazingly well done. ;D

Edited by Xanins, 01 May 2013 - 07:14 AM.

U1timatum

U1timatum

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
It looks awesome! Definitely getting it for my next playthrough. I like how you've made pretty much everything optional, will definitely make my midnight strolls a bit more interesting. I was also wondering if getting infected with the werewolf would affect companions, and if becoming a werebear would stop you from the questline. And since this also has random npc werebeast skins, should automatic variants be disabled? And can the totems of hircine be used and change at will, or do you have to go back to the companions. Sorry about all these questions, pestering people, unfortunately, comes rather naturally to me. :D

Edited by U1timatum, 01 May 2013 - 07:25 AM.

mariasgringo

mariasgringo

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 253 posts
looks intense. tracking for my next play through. i'm also guessing this would be incompatible with tales of lycanthrope?

spwned

spwned

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
In response to post #7953483.

Thank you... it was immense work and I'm very glad that you like it.

1) Getting infected with Lycanthropy from the wilds will not affect the Companions Guild.
2) Being a Werebear does not stop you from progressing in the Companions questline.

Also note that you do not need to join the Companions Guild if you only want Werewolf followers. You can infect any follower, even from custom mods to be a Werewolf / Werebear by your melee attacks or with a Werewolf / Werebear blood potion.

spwned

spwned

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
In response to post #7953439.

Thanks you! ;)

obbydawl

obbydawl

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Looks amazing! Job well done, trying it out soon :)

spwned

spwned

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
In response to post #7953490.

Yes, this is completely incompatible with Tales of Lycanthropy but it has all the features that ToL did... just much better, smoother. The code was re-done completely and I made sure that it's stable and optimized to the best of my knowledge.

spwned

spwned

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
In response to post #7953510.

Cheers! ^^

Page loaded in: 0.994 seconds