Bugfix for "LvlPredatorScript" errors. No more log spam.

steve40

that's very informative Kieth^. but from reading your post, is this version of the lvlpred script even needed anymore? or does the USKP work for everything? or perhaps tell how to add that to the script and recompile it. i'm guessing it's not as simple as opening it in notepad or something.

i too am getting tons of the Linkcustom9-10 warnings

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's very informative Kieth^. but from reading your post, is this version of the lvlpred script even needed anymore? or does the USKP work for everything? or perhaps tell how to add that to the script and recompile it. i'm guessing it's not as simple as opening it in notepad or something.

i too am getting tons of the Linkcustom9-10 warnings

Well, the USKP-fixed version of the lvlpredatorscript has not changed since USKP 1.3.3, so what steve40 says in the OP for this thread is still true:

My script is different from the method used by USKP 1.3.3. The USKP script won't fix errors on mods that add their own predators and override vanilla ones. On the other hand my script fix doesn't care if the predators are vanilla or not but will it will reduce the log spam by about 95%. So try either fix and see which one works best for you.

To confirm "The USKP script won't fix errors on mods that add their own predators and override vanilla ones," you can look at the USKP version history change notes, and see this:

The LvlPredatorScript has been corrected so that it will no longer fill the logs with errors about enable parents. The addition of two new USKP-specific keywords was required for this in addition to editing several world records for the placed creatures the script was intended to run for. In an 100% vanilla game, this completely eradicates these error messages and the predator/prey setups now work as they were intended to. Mods which edit these references will cancel out the fixes for them and we cannot correct for this.

Although lvlpredatorscript doesn't cause CTDs, I really don't want Papyrus log spam from it when I am trying to hunt down scripts that are actually causing problems besides CTDs. Since I use a good number of mods that add their own predators, I've chosen to use steve40's script.

As for recompiling steve40's script, it actually can be done in Notepad++, but you need to set some things up first for it to work. This is explained in this Creation Kit wiki page.

I hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I followed that link but I cannot get it to work using notepad. I paste in the

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\ScriptCompile.bat" "$(FILE_NAME)" "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"

and the batch runs it says it has compiled but I cannot find anywhere to paste in the

Keyword Property LinkCustom09 Auto ; NOT USED. Added to prevent warnings in the log if USKP is being used and you installed Steve40's script to an in-progress game. - keithinhanoi
Keyword Property LinkCustom10 Auto ; NOT USED. Added to prevent warnings in the log if USKP is being used and you installed Steve40'
s script to an in-progress game. - keithinhanoi

The .psc of lvlPred just has a bunch of 'if' statements and the .pex if filled with 'Null' information stuff

*EDIT: Ok got it thanks mate!

Edited by mickthompson4000

• 2 months later...

Well this seems to be a mostly outdated thread, hopefully someone is still checking it though! I came here via SoT optimization which recommends getting this script to reduce the papyrus spam that may or may not cause instability in the game, but hey every little thing that can help, I'll take it. After installing it though I am, as others have pointed out, getting hundreds of new spam messages regarding a warning that the script no longer contains that property, just like everyone else is saying. Earlier in the thread Steve40 says that is fixed with the latest update, which I have, but am still getting this new warning spam, hundreds and hundreds of lines of it, way more than the lvl predator spam. So I guess...not so updated?

Now, if I understand what keithinhanoi is saying, these warnings are harmless, despite the huge log bloat. If I understand him further, there's a way to get this to stop which involves changing things in the script and recompiling said script and some other things I really have no idea what language this is but it's definitely not mine! :D I'm very uncertain about changing things in scripts even with a wiki on the matter, so I mostly want to know, can I just leave it as-is safely, especially if I'm not one to look through papyrus logs anyway and really just applied the fix to prevent possible instability in my game, or is the very fact of the new spamtastic warnings going to cause some other form of instability in which case should I attempt to figure out how to compile this thing?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

WARNING: If you're coming here to fix your lvlpredator script spam, be careful using this bug-fix in conjunction with USLEEP. After a lot of testing, I discovered that the lvlpredator bug fix file used together with USLEEP caused a small bug during the Helgen sequence. After going a little ways down the road in the cart, a wolf spawns, with a fairly high chance for Hadvar dismounting his horse to fight the wolf, which causes him to disappear until you meet him again where he tries to keep Haming safe from Alduin. Even if Hadvar doesn't dismount and a wolf doesn't show up, you can probably tell there's something a bit off since a deer runs away and bumps into Hadvar, likely from the wolf that spawned somewhere. Other than that, nothing else seems to be broken. It's a bit of a shame since this bugfix seems to do a better job with fixing the lvlpredator script than USLEEP does. In any case, can anyone else confirm this and does anyone know a way to fix this small bug?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I did try this and i was seeing a lot of this spamming my log.

[02/06/2022 - 04:57:18PM] WARNING: Property LinkCustom10 on script lvlpredatorscript attached to (000#####) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
[02/06/2022 - 04:57:18PM] WARNING: Property LinkCustom09 on script lvlpredatorscript attached to (000#####) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property
This was tested on a new game.
Edited by Kulharin