Bugfix for "LvlPredatorScript" errors. No more log spam.

steve40

Etayorius of Skytest Realistic animals and predators mentioned it shouldn't hurt anything and may help if you use this file.. just saying ...cheers... I have used this and haven't crashed as much... but who knows...this game is still buggy with this engine..

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great! he actually worked on a fix for that particular script too ages ago! hey Steve40, you should pack all your script fixes in a mod inside nexus.

hey i use Steve's dust script, AND i also have USKP. didn't realize a fixed dust script was in uskp. should i remove the loose script? or will they not conflict??

hey i use Steve's dust script, AND i also have USKP. didn't realize a fixed dust script was in uskp. should i remove the loose script? or will they not conflict??

The loose script will override whatever the USKP has. The nice thing about steve40's scripts for the random dust drop and the blue palace issues is that he provides the ability to go back to areas that are already affecting your log/save file. The USKP only solves the problem and is therefore only useful for a fresh game. Better to leave the loose script as it is already the one in use in your current game, IMHO.

Very good, looking forward to see this included in the USKP

My lvlpredatorscript "fix" is basically a hack and not suitable for USKP. It's meant only for those that are experiencing major issues with their game, so people can try it out and report the results. In theory lvlpredatorscript should be harmless (I've preached this myself many times) but sometimes theory is wrong :P This is one way to find out... Edit: new version of my script is suitable for USKP.

EDIT: OK, after testing the modified script for a while, I can say that the main drawback/tradeoff of using this script is that you will get fewer random encounters with vanilla bears. This appears to be the only type of predator affected. <-- I think this was due to SkyTEST.

Edited by steve40

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish I had found this earlier. I was using a whole bunch of mods, two of which were SkyRe and SkyTEST. I though it was SkyTEST that was causing the CTD's so I removed but that didn't do anything so then I though perhaps it was SkyRe as I was reading some of its scripts might have been broken. Neither of them were the problem. I didn't find that out until now of course and not until after I had gone searching for mods to replace SkyRe and make sure they worked together. I can't believe it was something as menial as this >_<. Hopefully now I can just play instead of trying to fix everything. It seems to be working nicely so far. Thanks very much for this fix. :)

Hmm, as I just stumbled over this thread, my problem isn't the LvlPredatorscript but the MGRitual04QuestScript.psc. This one loops for eternity in my papyrus logs. Any idea what it does and how I can kill it?

Hmm, ok, I know now what it does (it belongs to the master restoration spell quest), google was my friend and the endles papyrus loop bug is already mentioned in the UESPWiki, but no solution.

hey, I took the liberty to rework the archive and make it suitable for installation through nmm (just moved the scripts files in the correct subfolders really)

and added a readme with the content of the first post & a pointer to this very thread

of course I don't take credit for any of this, the scripts are just not my work.

so anyone feel free to reuse this archive as they see fit

edit: if there's any issue with me posting this, just pm me, I'll take it down ASAP

original script updated, this version is now obsolete so deleted

Edited by whismerhill