Hearthfire Adoption "No room" bug - Honeyside

Cynster

I recently bought a house (Honeyside) in Riften, and became Thane, yada, yada - however, when I go to adopt a child, the lady running the orphanage says I don't have a house or room for a child. I specifically bought the "child's room" option in the decorations you buy. I've adopted children with the buildable houses in a previous save game with a different character, but this is the first time I am trying to adopt in an existing home - is there anything I am missing and is there any console command work around to get past this bug? I am using the unofficial patch, the moving family bug patch, and nothing is working.

Just wanted to update my thread with the solution since I haven't found it anywhere else.

If you buy a house but don't visit it and try to adopt a child, because the house quest isn't finished, they don't think you have a house, even if you do visit it after initially meeting the lady and being refused, she will not accept that you have bought a house. You have to go back to a previous save, buy your house, then visit it, THEN begin the adoption process from the start.