• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Cyracus

Cyracus

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

I recently threw in SkyRE and a few things to go with it and suddenly no npcs have audio, i still have subtitles but would like the option to hear them speak. my sound settings are up so that isn't the problem (to rule out a stupid fix lol)

my load order, non-numbered are on the list but not active and i can't remember exactly where they came from. merge isn't active cause i know nothing about making a merged patch and no guide can help me, it was a failed attempt, i need someone with me to make sure i get it right...oh well.

Spoiler

EDIT: made a fresh install of skyrim on a backup drive and all the original files seem to be in place and the right size. took out shutup guards.esp in case it was somehow a problem but no change.

Edited by Cyracus, 14 May 2013 - 05:31 AM.

EvilDeadAsh34

EvilDeadAsh34

Groovy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Did you happen to change anything in your skyrim.ini lately? I once had a similar problem and a setting in my skyrim.ini somehow got deleted. Open your skyrim.ini and make sure you have entries that looks like this...

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa,
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa. Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

The BSA's in yellow somehow got deleted from my skyrim.ini and i suddenly had people that couldn't talk. So check there first.

P.S.If that doesn't help then i'd suggest doing the standard test of deactivating half your mods and see if the problem still exists, if it still does then reactivate the good half and then deactivate the other. Then you can whittle down from there if the problem is indeed from a mod.

Edited by EvilDeadAsh34, 14 May 2013 - 06:26 AM.

Cyracus

Cyracus

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_PL.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra_PL.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesUpdate_PL.bsa
What i found...will backup and alter with your whole string as i have the update and dlcs so if they're supposed to be listed i reckon they should be, will be back in 10 to say if it helps. btw i did make changes for ABT but didn't touch any of that so idk what happened.

EDIT: I love you, no homo. total fix. thank you very much

Edited by Cyracus, 14 May 2013 - 06:42 AM.

EvilDeadAsh34

EvilDeadAsh34

Groovy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Very cool, glad it worked.

Page loaded in: 1.212 seconds