294 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 931,982 posts
Windom_Earles_Oblivion_Crash_Prevention_System

weOCPS - an OBSE plugin that fixes some Oblivon crashes.

lastofthelight

lastofthelight

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
I don't understand one part of the directions. I don't have any OBSE subfolder in my data folder. Yes, I have OBSE installed. I even reinstalled the newest version, thinking I'd done something wrong...but no, it doesn't install any such folder. I think this must be something regarding how you organized the files on your personal HD?

Rakumari

Rakumari

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
well this is ironic.

Crash prevention that causes me to crash.

lol

Right when I load up a game, BAM, error and then it cites this file as the problem.

I thought that was pretty funny. No big though.

Edited by Rakumari, 01 February 2009 - 12:24 AM.

Elraine Kiyoshi

Elraine Kiyoshi

The Discarded Artist, Guardian Deity of Dalmasca

• Premium Member
  • 798 posts
@lastofthelight

Plugins that use obse, but aren't actual mods, may create such a folder and a good example of that is Ely's Pluggy. If you don't have a folder like that, create one. (OblivionDataobseplugins)

@Rakumari

Are you sure you've got the latest installation of OBSE and that you are using the obse_loader to launch the game? If it indeed is complaining about this specific file, have you tried re-installing OBSE and then tried playing again? I myself haven't suffered from crashes after installing this a few hours ago.

This indeed does seem to prevent the crash on exit, which is the only crash I've suffered from, that is mentioned on the list. I think I'll still need to do a bit of further testing before giving out a rating, but it is looking good so far.

~Elraine

Edited by Elraine Kiyoshi, 01 February 2009 - 10:42 AM.

Pibblesworth

Pibblesworth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I'm hesitant to use this but would love anything that reduces all the CTDs. I get CTDs randomly from trying to use potions or changing armor. The majority of the time I have no problem. Seems to do it at the worst possible times though (like if I haven't saved in 2 hours).

Anyway, I'll wait and see what other people say about it before I try it. Corrupt saves are no fun. :(

1st post! /bookmark

Deathless Aphrodite

Deathless Aphrodite

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
I get a crash right away when loading the game too.

It's a weOCPS.dll crash, with code c0000005.

Edited by Deathless Aphrodite, 01 February 2009 - 08:36 AM.

windom

windom

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

I'm hesitant to use this but would love anything that reduces all the CTDs. I get CTDs randomly from trying to use potions or changing armor. The majority of the time I have no problem. Seems to do it at the worst possible times though (like if I haven't saved in 2 hours).

Anyway, I'll wait and see what other people say about it before I try it. Corrupt saves are no fun. :(

1st post! /bookmark

Sounds reasonable enough!

windom

windom

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
New version released: 2009-02-01 that fixes MY bug. Sorry if someone had troubles with previous version.

Edited by windom, 01 February 2009 - 12:44 PM.

windom

windom

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
New version released: 2009-02-01 (update).
Added support to one more crash offset: 0x00075EC5

Read this link how to report crashes:
http://www.bethsoft....howtopic=870869
And don't forget to send me weOCPS.log (if you have one).

Edited by windom, 01 February 2009 - 12:46 PM.

Mr. No

Mr. No

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I've been playing with this this morning, and so far I've heard the "windows ding" sound several times, suggesting that the mod is indeed stopping some crashes.

However, I have also had a couple of crashes cause BY this mod - or at least some problem with weOCPS.dll. I haven't been able to replicate the crash - like all crashes I get (and I get a LOT) they happen randomly. Using the latest OBSE.

Definitely prevents the crash on exit though!

Edited by Mr. No, 01 February 2009 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.909 seconds