Xbox Reveal

JimboUK

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt think the reveal was until 6pm (EST)

that said, no i wont be watching it. because ill be working. ill look it up after, tonight, but i could care less. i dont plan on owning any xboxs any time soon. im a PS3/PC fanboy lol

I turned it off, "journalists" whooping and screaming at a load of marketing nonsense isn't my idea of fun. They were showing obvious prerendered stuff as examples of the "power" of the Xbox One and one clown from EA even suggested it can do "human like" intelligence, this was greeted by the cheers of journalists with less than "human like" intelligence.

on OS side on it the XBOX ONE is vastly better than what sony showed. sony has facebook and twitter built in. xbox has television, internet browser, tablets, phones, games, apps all integrated and working seamlessly together and controlled by kinect, smartglass and of course the gamepad. as an entertainment device they are years away from sony even coming close to the XBOX ONE with its PS4 on an entertainment box.

as a video game console.... they didnt show much. of the games shown 2 were exclusives froza and some game by remedy. they spent that rest of the time showing EA sports games and ended it with COD.... how disappointing. which by the way still looks worse than BF3 on PC at high setting not the highest settings either.

they said they would have 15 exclusives at the first year of xbox one, yes its called "xbox one" and more of those games would be shown at E3.

so to sum it up xbox one is far better entertainment box and PS4 is looking like a better video game console

So does it have to be internet connected all the time then? And yeah I want video games not all this other crap though I get that. Its just that what happens on consoles pretty much dictates what happens to PC video games.

And remember everyone is saying the PC is dying. Because they can not see the forest for the new pretty fruit trees.

I hate freaking exclusives. I really, really do.

So does it have to be internet connected all the time then? And yeah I want video games not all this other crap though I get that. Its just that what happens on consoles pretty much dictates what happens to PC video games.

And remember everyone is saying the PC is dying. Because they can not see the forest for the new pretty fruit trees.

I hate freaking exclusives. I really, really do.

"No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet," Microsoft said.- gamespot

so it has DRM but not always online DRM

getting more news, yes the XBOX ONE is pretty much confirmed to have DRM. all games will be installed onto HDD to play, it will also save the game in your account. so if you give the game disk to a friend you have already install on your console, your friend will have to pay a fee to use it. gamestops stock is falling right now because of this news.

getting more news, yes the XBOX ONE is pretty much confirmed to have DRM. all games will be installed onto HDD to play, it will also save the game in your account. so if you give the game disk to a friend you have already install on your console, your friend will have to pay a fee to use it. gamestops stock is falling right now because of this news.

PS4 is it then.

I don't want to buy any of them and won't for a long time. We live from paycheck to paycheck and I just can't afford a $600 gaming system no matter what it does. And frankly, at that price unless it folds my laundry and washes my windows then bleh to them. I didn't buy an Xbox until it went down by half and even that made me want to cry. And that was when I was working full-time.

The console and gaming industry's arrogance astonishes me. Games are probably going to be 70-80 bucks for these new systems (I can't imagine them not being) and that is a HUGE freaking chunk of cash. For games that by in large are lackluster. Then if EA has its way there will be microtransactions all over the place.

My pen and paper Pathfinder game is looking better and better as is that deck of cards.

Any other item we by we can resell. Books, music CD....If I buy a disc I should be able to resell the thing and folks should be able to buy them. A small activation fee would be one thing but you know it will be a full price charge.

I also have gamefly and this will likely kill them also.

*stomps off to rage against the machine*