NMM 0.50.0.1 alpha test update released, bug fixes aplenty

Dark0ne

Thanks to the bug reports from brave souls testing our alpha release of NMM 0.50 yesterday we have released an update today for people testing the alpha. You can find this latest version by clicking here. Here's the fix list:

1. Bugfix: NMM failing to create file links when the program wasn’t run as administrator with some Windows’ UAC settings.

2. Bugfix: File link overwrite prompt not showing the file owner.

3. Bugfix: Rare crash while migrating the install log.

4. Bugfix: Fixed a missing file link issue with some fomod mods for fallout games.

5. Bugfix: Fixed an issue with Category and Readme Manager setup windows.

Please remember, only install this version of NMM if you're willing to accept the presence of potentially game stopping bugs (until we fix them). Please also remember that the news comments aren't the best place for bug reports! The best place to report bugs is using our Bug Tracker. It's tied to the forums and allows us to converse with you, and others experiencing the issue, so we can fix the issue as soon as possible. Please remember to provide as much information as possible including the steps you took that caused the bug to occur and what operating system you're using! Thanks again guys. As you can see, your help is helping us to make NMM better.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have what might be a stupid question. What are the chances of getting a second user profile approved just for testing this and being able to keep my present setup under my present name? I know this is strictly forbidden, but I could jump back and forth to troubleshoot mod installation.

Im having a Problem IT keeps saying that i dont have skyrim .esm this is the error message

You are missing C:gamethe elder scrolls V skyrimdateskyrim.esm please verify you game install and ensure C:gamethe elder scrolls V skyrimdateskyrim.esm is present

H E L P P l ease

In response to post #10122050.

Im having a problem with my archive invalidation ever since I logged on and it forced the upgrade.I've ran it as an administrator but it still wont work. I haven't installed any more mods or anything . I was playing for an hour before the upgrade so thats why I think that is the issue.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but i feel i must suggest something that might be not implemented and in my opinion it would be awesome. Does it have a general profile? You know, when you create multiple gameplay profiles like warrior, mage, assassin, etc. some mods are recurring (like for example: landscape textures, or skyui) that would appear in any profile. Then you have the sub-profiles with custom mods for each. :D

Great job. Keep up the good work!

Edited by osmiumbin