DAModder -7zip files

Smoker1977be

Hi,i want to use DAModder instead of the default DAupdater but it doesnt support Winrar files.

I downloaded 7zip for Vista ultimate 64 bit but when i download something it still downloads and saves as a winrar file.

Is there a way i can download stuff so it uses 7zip and not winrar ? I use mozilla firefox as browser but i dont know how to adjust the settings...

I unpack the winrar file and compress it again with 7zip atm,but i hope there easier ways lol ...

At the current state of the Beta 2.1.2 of DAModder it is not able to directly process .RAR or .7zip Files. You can only use .Zip or .dazip files directly.

If the mod you downloaded is packaged in a .RAR or .7zip file, DAModder will not be able to process it.

In this case, extract the file manually to a temporary folder, and then drag the folder onto DAModder for installation.

---------------------

I am not sure i can follow your explanation about downloading. Seems like your Download properties are alittle messed up or wrong adjusted.

You can fix that if you open your Firefox Browser

-> go to the "Extras"-Menue

-> select Properies (or settings? i have a german version not sure what it is in the english one)

-> Then select the Tab Applications (the 4th tab from the left)

-> there you search for the file properties for .RAR (winrar), .7zip and .zip Files and make sure they all get handled just with their own application,

that should ensure that you get the file you download with the correct extension.

Again if you want to use DAModder you will have to use .Zip or .dazip files.

If you dont have it you can get winzip here for example: http://www.winzip.com/index.htm

Hope that helped you?

Honestly i'm really hoping most authors will just be nice and make their mods in ZIP files. It makes it so much easier for everyone involved, and 90% of the mods out there aren't so big that it should matter on compression efficiency.

Is it possible to add 7Z and RAR to DAModder? Yes, but its a ton of work. I have a library I use for handling standard ZIP files that works really well, and is well integrated into all my code.

@ Floydian1: sorry i didnt meant to outpost you with my posting or anything, in fact you posted your answer while i still wrote mine =)

John i agree with the Zip files, altough it surly would be cool if DAModder would support also rar and 7zip, maybe something for the next vacation break ;)