755 replies to this topic

Guest_Plugin Manager_*

Guest_Plugin Manager_*
  • Guests
Name: Natural Environments
Size: 9350
Version: 1

You can view this file http://tesnexus.com/...ile.php?id=2536

Disclaimer: This topic has been created automatically for discussion regarding this file. The owner may or may not view comments left here.

Edited by bben46, 02 December 2010 - 09:16 PM.
Fix broken link

MidnightVoyager

MidnightVoyager

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Mm, I've only just started using it, but I might interject, I'm not that fond of the night-time sky stars alteration. The random swirlies of color kinda put me off.

MidnightVoyager

MidnightVoyager

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
Ooh.

I must say, after playing it a while, the other changes are very very good.

the_lone_bard

the_lone_bard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I've not downloaded this yet but is it possible to simply this is parts or is it a whole package?

Nazo

Nazo

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I haven't had a lot of time for serious playing (hey, it's 2 A.M. here) but, what I've seen so far was impressive. All the weather does look more real. I would like to see less tree movement in the wind of a storm though. Makes it feel like every rough storm is a terrible hurricane where debris should be flying and I should be staggering trying to stay up (as well as any enemies.) Otherwise everything I saw looked good. Especially the sunsets, which finally felt like real sunsets (at least, what I could see. Later I'll track down some nice location where I can get a better view.) Overall, I'd say wonderful job. Worthy of a 9/10 if 5 is average and 1 is terrible (a lot of people seem to forget 5/10 would be about average and give average stuff a 7 or 8 or something.)

Oh, and don't get me wrong on the trees. They SHOULD move more than the game does by default. In fact, until I saw this mod I didn't even realize they did at all. They just shouldn't move quite so much. Either way, it's more realistic with them moving too much versus them practically stone still while lightning flashes, rain pours like insane and wind blows all over the place.

Daethar

Daethar

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
Bruma has stopped snowing most of the time, during the Sun's Dusk, while it was snowing during frostfall.

In fact, I have barely seen any snow, though the mod advertises that the weather is supposed to be more accurate.
Also, I have noticed that the Burma/Cloud Temple area looks a lot more yellow than the snowy wilderness that it looked like in vanilla Oblivion.

Also, for some reason, water is hideously blue. It is translucent some, which is nice, but it looks like blue tissue paper, you can see through it and there is hardly any reflection.
*EDIT* had to set my water settings back to nice, they had been reset for some reason, it looks great now

But Bruma has definitely suffered. It's November and it looks like global warming hit.

Skwalin

Skwalin

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think your mod looks completely wonderful.
However, I do have a few qualms with it, the main one being nighttime. I can't get this mod to work with Darker Nights Burning Kavatch mod, and without that mod, it looks like your wearing night vision goggles. I really loved that mod too because it mad you have to use night eye, torches, and starlight. Thankfully, this mod does not conflict with Darker Dungeons. If you could somehow make it so this mod either does not conflict with Darker Nights, or if you two could create a joint effort mod, or if you could just make it so your nights are similar to Darker Nights' mod.
Other than that, I do enjoy your mod, and I hope you keep up the good work.

dizzy

dizzy

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a bug with it that shows up when you are in the "unexpected voyage" quest (the floating inn in the waterfront district of the imperial city). At some point the boat is suposely somewhere in the middle of nowhere, with just water everywhere. Here it looks like the boat is surrounded by a square. I think it happens because this mod increases the transparency of the water and thus the square that actually limits the area the boat is in is visible. Can you fix it ?

Xessive

Xessive

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey Kibosh, your Natural Environments mod is amazing. I personally love the Natural Water plugin it comes with.

I've noticed a small problem with the sky. It doesn't occur very often, it's only with a certain sky 'mode'. Basicaly the sky texture looks like it's in 256 colour, there's no gradient ebtween the different colours. I have a couple of screenshots.

Otherwise, keep up the good work :)

Attached Files

Kibosh

Kibosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Hey Kibosh, your Natural Environments mod is amazing. I personally love the Natural Water plugin it comes with.

I've noticed a small problem with the sky. It doesn't occur very often, it's only with a certain sky 'mode'. Basicaly the sky texture looks like it's in 256 colour, there's no gradient ebtween the different colours. I have a couple of screenshots.

Otherwise, keep up the good work :)

I'll look into this. Thanks for taking your time to report the problem

Page loaded in: 1.225 seconds