• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,306 posts
Hi folks,

When I was showcasing the site design on the official forums, before the launch of TESNexus, many people expressed their lack of appreciation for the header banner for the site (the one in the top left). Now, personally, I like it. I feel it suits the whole minimalist approach I took to the site design in the first place, following a "less flare, more functionality" approach to things. But hell, what do I know!

So this one is for all the budding graphic artists out there who think they can do better! You are invited to create a header banner for TESNexus, the winner (if there is going to be one!) will be picked by myself, and maybe Buddah, LHammonds and Povuholo. Your header banner will be used on the site, and your name mentioned in the footer blurb of the site (so I don't get blamed for creating it!).

The banner MUST follow these simple guidelines:
  • Width: between 350px and 500px
  • Height: 85px
  • Morrowind/Oblivion related
  • Must, obviously, fit into the current colour scheme/background seamlessly
  • No animation, filesize kept as low as possible
You are welcome to use my header PSD.

Submissions should be uploaded to this news post's forum post (you can upload attachments via the forums) or sent to robin [_AT_] blacktreegaming [_DOT_] com

Have fun!

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 16,306 posts
This thread should now be open. No idea how it got closed.

n00biepl0x

n00biepl0x

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
here's my header banner:
Posted Image

here's how it looks on the site:
http://img339.images...tesnexusxu2.jpg

Suzarn

Suzarn

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Here are a few of mine
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
The girl in the banners is my character hehe

n00biepl0x

n00biepl0x

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Here's the one of Me and BlueShiftSolo. He made the background and I did the text fx. It's brilliant how he made the background and still made it blend with the original background color.
Posted Image

Abramul

Abramul

Cat-in-a-Basket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts
I would suggest using an Imperial Dragon instead of the Daedric O, as it's more representative of the series. Think you can find one on some of the banners in the Imperial City, if you need a sample.

n00biepl0x

n00biepl0x

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

I would suggest using an Imperial Dragon instead of the Daedric O, as it's more representative of the series. Think you can find one on some of the banners in the Imperial City, if you need a sample.

I think that is quite hard to find, but if you can tell me exactly where to find a nice shot, I'll make a screenie and I'll photoshop all I can.

hoots7

hoots7

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Here are a few of mine

Posted Image

I like this one of yours Suzarn, just use caps in TES.

Abramul

Abramul

Cat-in-a-Basket

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts

I think that is quite hard to find, but if you can tell me exactly where to find a nice shot, I'll make a screenie and I'll photoshop all I can.

\Data\Textures\architecture\imperialcity\icbanner01.dds

Contrast is good, size should be OK. Not sure if you'd want to go with black, red, or another color.

n00biepl0x

n00biepl0x

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Here's the one with the dragon, It isn't quite clear because it's so small. remember, It's mine AND BlueShiftSolo's.
Posted Image

BTW, If you guys of TES Nexus tell me EXACTLY what you want, I'll make a custom image for you guys. The background can be custom, but not too hard. For the text and symbol effects, you can ask me anything you want and I'll fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.721 seconds