• 26 posts
thanks this is a really cool idea,keep it up

davidx4

davidx4

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Just to make sure, this file is for those who have downloaded the Japanese voice files and need the subtitles translated? I thought there wasn't a need to translate the subtitles, because I thought the voice files were independent from the subtitles. The default English version of Skyrim already has English subtitles, so if we just use the Japanese voices only, the English subtitles should translate it for us, right?

Edited by davidx4, 01 January 2012 - 10:37 PM.

davidx4

davidx4

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Sorry, double post.

Edited by davidx4, 01 January 2012 - 09:39 PM.

guill102

guill102

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
how this mod works?

gianama

gianama

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
Right, David. Also Japan does have the pc version of skyrim..

ptbptb

ptbptb

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Just to make sure, this file is for those who have downloaded the Japanese voice files and need the subtitles translated? I thought there wasn't a need to translate the subtitles, because I thought the voice files were independent from the subtitles. The default English version of Skyrim already has English subtitles, so if we just use the Japanese voices only, the English subtitles should translate it for us, right?

Er, no. What I wrote is all about the efforts of a group of Japanese players to add Japanese subtitles to the English version.

Right, David. Also Japan does have the pc version of skyrim..

It does? The website I linked gives the official release date of the PC version as the 26th January 2012.

how this mod works?

The file I uploaded isn't a mod. It's a "Non-playable resource" that I posted in Misc. Maybe I should have posted it in Modders Resources and Tutorials, but that doesn't really fit either.

Edited by ptbptb, 01 January 2012 - 10:50 PM.

Khan_Raider

Khan_Raider

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
何が、ないアジア学校の女の子?申し訳ありません間違ってMOD:P

ptbptb

ptbptb

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
*Can be deleted now*

Edited by ptbptb, 05 January 2012 - 01:09 PM.

Seviche

Seviche

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

I think the other reason is the same reason that die-hard anime fans prefer Subs to Dubs - Listening to the original language is 'cool'.

No, not because it's cool, but because the American voice actors (and their directors) that dub the product when it hits our shores are total crap. They don't understand why the Japanese emphasize certain words, the translations are sometimes bizarrely wrong (to the point of some things making no sense), and they (the Americans in charge of dubbing) often pick voices that don't match the original character.

We're not the pretentious hipster douchebags of the anime scene, we just like a quality product... which America is unable to reproduce faithfully. "Cool" never enters the equation.

So, minor quibble aside, it's interesting what's you're doing here. I hope it turns out the way you intend and that they accept your help. Getting the Japanese to accept help is, well, a daunting task, from my experience. Unsolicited help is going to be an even harder sell. Gambatte!

Edited by Seviche, 02 January 2012 - 08:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 0.906 seconds