Belua Sanguinare

A Skyrim Vampirism Overhaul Mod by Jakisthe and MofoMojo

JohnLkh

JohnLkh

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
sorry , may i have a small request , is even better if a vamp can turn others npc to vamp too it'll be cool , TQ

xp32

xp32

Otaku

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts
PertamaX.
Wow, at last! after waiting for months.. this awesome mod is out. You should decorate the front page more.
EDIT: T_T not 1st

You should also tell what is the different from this mod. Compatible or not.
http://skyrim.nexusm...ile.php?id=9717
similar to your mod and it has a feature that could turn NPC to vamp. But hey, I like the spells from yours ^^ a lot

Edited by xp32, 15 May 2012 - 03:48 AM.

slanderous

slanderous

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Ya a description on differences or if compatible with other vamp mods would be nice. I still use Keiranh7 Vampire FX Project (sadly hidden) along with Brehanin Better Vampires.

Edit: Did your team and yourself create this to be "balanced" or is it just for funzies? Will track for now..

Edited by slanderous, 15 May 2012 - 04:16 AM.

nskin039

nskin039

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Glad to have been a part of testing this and to help improve this mod.

Mershaullk

Mershaullk

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have absolutely no idea how difficult it would be to implement, but it would be interesting if there was a small chance that if you sleep or wait while starving to a sufficient degree that you "wake up" over a dead body. The idea, obviously, is that you went through some kind of blind, thirst-induced rage during which you drained all of the blood of a random, non-essential NPC in whatever town was closest to where you waited/rested. This could have interesting complications, such as it happening right in the middle of town, where anyone could have seen the actual act or stumble across it at any time or have entered a home when you were not first welcomed, giving you only a limited amount of time to cover up what you did and flee.

TacticalAce

TacticalAce

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,235 posts
Seriously what the heck is up with all of these vampire mods coming out now lol.

FlexBcarrier

FlexBcarrier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
This is very interesting, and I will have very big problem with choosing vampire mod to use. Still this is dilemma I do not mind struggling with; the more quality mods out there, the better...
But what with garlic? This is probably my only problem with features of this mod...

Edited by FlexBcarrier, 15 May 2012 - 05:12 AM.

xp32

xp32

Otaku

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts
That garlic feature is awesome. We can't feed attack someone that bring garlic, lol

Jakisthe

Jakisthe

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
Hey guys! Thanks for the interest. As for the questions:

-Garlic is actually fairly minor. You simply can't feed or force sleep on someone sleeping. It also deals damage, but the damage is gradual, noted, and really, who carries that much garlic on their character?

-The other vampire mods I've found (I've done a LOT of research on this) mostly just alter the vampire stages. They add a few spells, mess with the stats. Maybe a quest. Stuff like that, I've seen.
We've completely rebuilt the vampire. You are required to feed to sustain your life+progress, with your satiation directly tied to how much damage you take from the sun, how much certain spells cost, etc. You also grow considerably stronger as you don't feed, but people are increasingly likely to attack you on sight (which is dynamic, based on hunger, distance, and vampire level), and bounty hunters will be after your head. Previous mods made feeding a quirk that vampires could do - for our mod, it's integral to the experience and allows for a much more fluid balance between being a monster and a human. Vampires are not blood mages, they're not gods, they're vampires.

-You're not just given a few random powers to make you stronger; every power you receive is multi-use, tiered, works in tandem with the others powers, and are largely utility based. For instance, one of our spells allows you to extinguish carried torces or wall sconces, with higher levels also restoring magicka. This does no direct damage, but it facilitates stealth from good planning, confuses guards, and allows you to naturally be the hunger you are meant to be. Higher levels, well, better aim means there's basically no cost, so have at it! They're also 100% based in the past +2000 years of vampire lore, of which I read at least a dozen academic papers on in making the mod base to start. If you have any questions as to the origin of a spell, ask away :D

-This has gone through extremely extensive balancing. The theory behind the mod took around a month and a half, then 3 months of constant testing by MM and I, then a closed beta with 12 different testers, all of whom filled out a [rather lengthy] report at the end of the beta. We took that input, and have spent the last 2 weeks or so refining it further.

-Making vampires from NPCs is in the works. Every other mod I've looked at, when you make a vampire, it doesn't do much beyond dictate that the NPCs have the vampire race tag; they still do everything they did before, but they're now vampires. Although it's not currently implemented in this first release, we are working on a fear+NPC vampire AI overhaul which actually makes them ACT like vampires, complete with hiding from guards, expanding their own powers, possibly leaving their homes, and even taking sides against or with the player as they infect entire towns. This is very much in development, but you will be create vampires in our full plans.

-This has absolutely no conflicts with any mods besides those that alter the vampires in Skyrim and possibly ones which alter NPC loot tables.

Overall, this represents 5 months of constant work/balancing, a 61 pg thread, over 1000 emails between MM and I, a private beta, and a LOT of competitor and vampire history research.

Edited by Jakisthe, 15 May 2012 - 06:29 AM.

Page loaded in: 1.457 seconds