469 replies to this topic

MofoMojo

MofoMojo

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
All,

It's difficult to keep up with individual bugs in a comment thread that's exploded (literally tripled in size overnight). Please post issues you're running into here.

DanL2mx

DanL2mx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
First off, than you for this amazing mod! I love playing as a Belua Sanguinare Vampire!

I have found a couple of issues.

I play mostly in 3rd person, and when I use the "Darken" spell and attack with my weapon (a dagger), my screen turns black for a couple of seconds because the smoke or fog from that spell IS preventing me from seeing! I'd love it you could turn off that smoke effect.
And as a suggestion, could change the name of the spell? After all I don't see how the name "Darken" has anything to do with health absorption, perhaps another name in Latin would be nice.

The second issue that I have found is regarding the walking/running speed. I realize that as you progress further into vampirism you get faster, but my character is "merely" a Master Vampire and can already outrun any horse, even walking and crouching is extremely fast, almost as fast as the vanilla running! I'm not entirely sure if its a bug but perhaps you could consider lowering the speed values.

That's all so far. Thank you again for making this mod!

UrbanRunna

UrbanRunna

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ive posted this in the comments but since you made this forum ill just re-copy it here.. its not a "problem" as much as something should be considered to fix.. so the comment:

"Great mod man.. i think its the best Vampire mod ive seen thus far.. there's something i wanna say: looks like being a Belua Sanguinare vampire doesnt replace being a vanilla vampire.. so in the Magic Effects i keep seeing the effects from your mod and those from vanilla vampirism.. its kind of irritating.. for example: when i go out into the sun (even if it was pretty dark and rainy stormy weather but after 5 am) my stats (H, M, S) all get reduced by 15 if i'm satiated and more if i'm getting hungry.. your mod is great for how it handles dark and light and weather things but this confliction between it and vanilla vampire should be fixed.

and thanks again for the wonderful mod.. gonna keep tracking it.. ENDORSED. "

also could you remove the sound played when the message "your vampire blood boils in the sunlight"? it really is irritating when walking under the sun cuz it keeps playing over and over.. or someway to make the message appear only once when you're exposed to direct sun rays.. thanks.

oh and i remembered something.. zooming on a bow does not slow down time at all.. but i dont have the perk that does this on the archery skill tree.. must i purchase this perk first?

Edited by UrbanRunna, 23 May 2012 - 08:48 AM.

DanL2mx

DanL2mx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Iíve also notice the following, not sure if it is intentional but Belua Sanguinare vampires donít get disease immunity. Therefore you can contract an illness (A Hagraven gave Brain Rot to my character, perhaps you can even get Sanguinare Vampiris!) and on higher vampire levels you cannot remove the disease because potions have no effect and you cannot get near a shrine without dying.

MofoMojo

MofoMojo

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

First off, than you for this amazing mod! I love playing as a Belua Sanguinare Vampire!

I have found a couple of issues.

I play mostly in 3rd person, and when I use the "Darken" spell and attack with my weapon (a dagger), my screen turns black for a couple of seconds because the smoke or fog from that spell IS preventing me from seeing! I'd love it you could turn off that smoke effect.
And as a suggestion, could change the name of the spell? After all I don't see how the name "Darken" has anything to do with health absorption, perhaps another name in Latin would be nice.

Darken is really from the effect. In 1st person you get enveloped in darkness, but I'm all for considering another name. Thanks for the suggestion. As for removing the effect...there's no easy workaround at the moment, but I can see about implementing something to turn it off.

The second issue that I have found is regarding the walking/running speed. I realize that as you progress further into vampirism you get faster, but my character is "merely" a Master Vampire and can already outrun any horse, even walking and crouching is extremely fast, almost as fast as the vanilla running! I'm not entirely sure if its a bug but perhaps you could consider lowering the speed values.

Hmm.... you shouldn't be able to walk or sneak any faster due to the mod. As for the speed of sprinting, I can definitely see your point, and empathize with it, but the majority of people during our beta trials thought it needed to be faster (faster than it was in beta) and this was the result. You could disable the stamina mod which will definitely ensure that you can't run as FAR.

Iíve also notice the following, not sure if it is intentional but Belua Sanguinare vampires donít get disease immunity. Therefore you can contract an illness (A Hagraven gave Brain Rot to my character, perhaps you can even get Sanguinare Vampiris!) and on higher vampire levels you cannot remove the disease because potions have no effect and you cannot get near a shrine without dying.

Oh...that should definitely not be happening but I think I know the cause. I'll see if I can't remedy that in 1.2.3 with an emergency release tonight.

That's all so far. Thank you again for making this mod!

Thank you for the comments and feedback, and especially for coming here and doing it! :)

"Great mod man.. i think its the best Vampire mod ive seen thus far.. there's something i wanna say: looks like being a Belua Sanguinare vampire doesnt replace being a vanilla vampire.. so in the Magic Effects i keep seeing the effects from your mod and those from vanilla vampirism.. its kind of irritating.. for example: when i go out into the sun (even if it was pretty dark and rainy stormy weather but after 5 am) my stats (H, M, S) all get reduced by 15 if i'm satiated and more if i'm getting hungry.. your mod is great for how it handles dark and light and weather things but this confliction between it and vanilla vampire should be fixed.

I still haven't been able to get down to the bottom of this. We stop the main vampire quest and remove all default vampire spells (every time you progress/regress) but it looks like they're making it back in some how. I am wondering if another mod is restarting the vampire quest. V1.2.2 does try and keep that quest stopped by calling STOP against it every game hour. The default vampire quest runs an update check every 12 game hours, so I'm hoping it will help prevent this. If it's not too much to ask, can you share any additional details about the order in which you became a BSR Vampire?

and thanks again for the wonderful mod.. gonna keep tracking it.. ENDORSED. "

Thanks for the support! It is much appreciated.

also could you remove the sound played when the message "your vampire blood boils in the sunlight"? it really is irritating when walking under the sun cuz it keeps playing over and over.. or someway to make the message appear only once when you're exposed to direct sun rays.. thanks.

oh and i remembered something.. zooming on a bow does not slow down time at all.. but i dont have the perk that does this on the archery skill tree.. must i purchase this perk first?

On the sun thing, I'll see what I can do for the next release. The message will likely stay but perhaps I can get an option to disable the sound. Right now none of that is controlled via script, so some not-so-minor changes will need to be made to support it.
On the Zoom. Congratulations!!! You must be the first person to really test that outside of me because no one else has mentiond it. I need to add some additional work to actually support it properly but for now you do have to get the perk and then this *should* enhance the zoom.

-MM

Jakisthe

Jakisthe

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts
Some bugs people have posted:

-My hunger level won't show in the diary, however the on-screen display texts work.

-I sometimes get stuck during "feed attacks" in 3rd person.

-BSR overlaps with vanilla vampirism to stack negatives

-"I think the readme needs to be updated, you CAN become a vampire from a non-infected point, but you don't get the speed boost when running, among other things. I tried curing my vampirism and reinstalling the mod to see if that would help the AOS bug. It did help, but now some of the abilities just don't work. "

-"blood rend doesn't work,it just depletes magicka and vampire's speed does nothing but some visual effect,enemies are not slowed down and neither am I"

-"most interesting is the running speed. Well i need 5 more feed kills to become a sire vampire and the movement speed is ... just too much , I cant even hit people sometimes...
I feel it like a hack or something.. But my Idea of it is that you can make it a power like : 30 seconds or 2 minutes speed for 1 day (oh and if its possible to change the animation it woud be perfect becouse the vanilla animation and allmost 10 times more speed just looks funny). I'm hoping that youll fix the bugs that make me type in the console : sexchange 10 time every 30 minutes i play"

I THINK those are the ones that cropped up overnight that we both missed, MM.

Also, as far as the name of Darken goes: it (the ability) originally comes from the "Dark Metamorphosis" ability in Castlevania: SotN. I didn't want to make it that overt, so...Darken. In retrospect, not the best choice. How about "Ater Morphe"?

Edited by Jakisthe, 23 May 2012 - 06:35 PM.

nicesword

nicesword

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I don't know why, but since I've installed the mod my game crashes in some areas everytime i cross a certain point... don't know how this is related to a vampirism mod but it's since I've installed it. Too bad, I like this mod really much!

slitherax

slitherax

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
First off, I just want to say how incredible this mod is, and I'm sure that others will agree with me when I say that this is one of the best mods created for the game. However, I do have a problem. Just recently, I've become completely unable to feed on people. The option for feeding comes up, but when I click on it, nothing happens. This happens with all the different types of feeding available. As I'm sure you can imagine, this makes playing the game rather difficult. I've tried uninstalling the mod, but to no avail. Is this a known issue, and if not, do you know of a way to fix it? Again, thank you for developing this wonderful mod, and I hope that there is a way to fix this!

flavyneo

flavyneo

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
hey as I was playing there I needed to feed when I came across someone on a horse when i fed on them they partially clipped into the ground and when ever she started to walk she would spin above and bellow the ground. it was really funny but a glitch never the less

Shady_Sam

Shady_Sam

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Some bugs people have posted:

-"I think the readme needs to be updated, you CAN become a vampire from a non-infected point, but you don't get the speed boost when running, among other things. I tried curing my vampirism and reinstalling the mod to see if that would help the AOS bug. It did help, but now some of the abilities just don't work. "

That would be my mistake, using the potion without the disease or having vampirism works fine for me now, it just didn't work for that particular save for some reason.

Page loaded in: 1.503 seconds