• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Matso

Matso

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Hi, Post here Your feelings about the preformance (where it is better, and where worse, what You think can affect that) of the mod along with Your PC setting (information about processor, OS, graphics card, memory etc.). It will be helpful for other mod users and developers, for often have I been asked about such matters. Thank You & bless You, MK

Edited by Matso, 14 October 2012 - 03:30 PM.

GamerOfDK

GamerOfDK

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi.

First of all, my mods list:
Skyrim HD 2k full
All of the Project Parralex that are out.
Claralux more and brighter lights (uninstalled while running MATSO)
RCRN (Uninstalled while running MATSO)
Dimonized UNP body
Enhanced blood textures
Enhanced distant terrain
Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel (uninstalled while running MATSO)
Skyrim Monster mod
Judas U-HD Dragons (4096x8192)
Unique weapon HD textures
XCE Dawnguard

(Only the graphics enhancing mods are listed, various gameplay mods are installed)

I am used to running all of this, without ENB, with a stable 50-60 FPS everywhere.
With ENB-RL I can squeeze a minimum of 30, and a maximum of 60, which it runs in interior locations always.
With the jumpstart version of MATSO, it was the same performance as ENB-RL.
Then I though the blur was too much, so I decided to install the enbprepass.fx with the subtle blur.
That destroyed my FPS. It made it run a stable 24 fps, with drops down to 6(!!!). It dropped to 6, when I looked towards places with more/less light than before.

My PC specs are:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
AMD Phenom II x4 965be (OC'ed to 4.0Ghz)
Asus Nvidia GTX 260 core 216.
Kingston Hyperx Genesis 8gb 1600mhz DDR3 ram.
PNY XLR8 SSD.

I just wrote this for reference, and then I would like to hear if other people also got such a hefty performance decrease.

Jake_Dragon

Jake_Dragon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I have a lot of mods installed so I wont list them here

The mod runs fine and the colors are better but objects are out of focus.
I am using an Nvidia GeForce GT 520 that runs the game just fine with good detail.
My PC is a Quad Core with 6 GB of ram
Vista x64

The game runs fine even with the amount of mods I have running. But when I load close objects are out of focus.

LemonJuiced1992

LemonJuiced1992

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Sorry if I missed something in the installation guide, but when I use the d3d9.dll, it forces Skyrim to use my integrated graphics card instead of my Nvidia one :/ this causes low fps and makes the game unplayable. Im wondering what I need to do to get Skyrim to use my Nvidia card instead of my crappy Integrated one. Other than this, it looks great from what I saw :D only wish I could get the chance to properly enjoy it.

Edited by LemonJuiced1992, 20 October 2012 - 02:10 PM.

najt42

najt42

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Sorry if I missed something in the installation guide, but when I use the d3d9.dll, it forces Skyrim to use my integrated graphics card instead of my Nvidia one :/ this causes low fps and makes the game unplayable. Im wondering what I need to do to get Skyrim to use my Nvidia card instead of my crappy Integrated one. Other than this, it looks great from what I saw :D only wish I could get the chance to properly enjoy it.

Use the "Injector" version of ENB.

Riiquiem

Riiquiem

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I'd like to test it but I get an instant CTD without any error message just directly after the bethesda intro. Any suggestions? I followed the install guide and did all the steps and ini changes and so on, I'm not new to ENB and stuff. There are only a few hd texture mods and flora overhaul things installed. Edit: Oh I'm sorry.. I still had MSI Afterburner in autostart.. turning it off solved my problem of course

Edited by Riiquiem, 22 October 2012 - 06:18 PM.

LionsLinden

LionsLinden

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Okay right up until yesterday it ran as smooth as one can only dream of. All in all I lost around 10 to 15 FPS depending on where I am. Strange enough cities had the best performance. I won't list my mods here because I'm using circa 100 mods plus 10 to 15 texture packs. My PC consists of a i5-3570k (not yet oc'd), 8GB Rip Jaws Ram and a Radeon HD 7870 OC all with Windows 7 Professional SP1. [Now a different thing. I installed 3 to 4 new mods yesterday. All worked fine, no problems, updated loading order accordingly. Then, for the first time ever with this PC I CTD while in Morthal. Started the game again and now ENB won't work for me. Already reinstalled everything, still to no avail. Are there some mods that won't work with ENB? Because that would seem odd.] Nevermind, forget that, ran BOSS and now everything is running right, oh and thanks for this ENB, it is by far the best out there (at least for me)!!!

Edited by LionsLinden, 26 October 2012 - 06:52 PM.

tenmilliondead

tenmilliondead

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
This mod looks fantastic, Im using the kyo Standard version. The only problem is, this takes my evga gtx 670 ftw edition to it's knees. Without the enb, I have perfect 60 fps everywhere - I couldn't reduce the fps if I tried. With this enb I'm struggling to maintain 30 fps. Any Idea what could be causing this? All graphics mods I have installed are textures, so they shouldn't affect the enb's performance, especially since they don't affect skyrim without the enb on. In addition to the gpu, I have the asus P8Z77-V PRO motherboard, 8gb kingston hyperx blu ram, and win7 x64.

Edited by tenmilliondead, 29 October 2012 - 10:21 PM.

velarn

velarn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I want firstly to congratulate for the excellent enb, in my opinion the best around.
For such good effects my fps drop around 25-30 but that's great!
The problem is that sometimes (usually when entering in another zone or getting out from a building) the game freeze for seconds, sometimes more than 10. I noticed that if I open the map for a while and then return to the game it goes good as always.
The problem is when it happens in OW combats!
It's not such enourmous issue but it's a bit frustrating, expecially when it happens twice, thrice in few minutes.
What could it be? I tried to deactivate every mod but the problem is the very enb, without it there is no such freezes.

KzRaiToN

KzRaiToN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
It's My Computer Specifications:
Windows XP SP3
Intel Pentium D CPU 2.66GHz x 2
Nvidia GeForce G210
Visipro 2 Gb RAM
Of 1.3 GB VRAM

In Somewhat Slightly In Game Lag :unsure: