• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

iceburg

iceburg

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
We've had a number of great users come back with positive constructive criticism. This sort of thing is necessary for any mod to grow and improve, and I'm very greatfull for the help people have been providing!
In an effort to keep things organized, I created this thread specifically for bug reports, testing discussion, improvement suggestions, etc. Please comment here to help the mod grow!
Thank you!
Iceburg

iceburg

iceburg

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
Fixes I'm planning on implementing in v1.6:
Civil War Banners have Collision
Crafting Equipment can be nudged and rotated.

Let me know what else I should be working on!

sherbetsu

sherbetsu

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Since I activated this mod I've noticed "quicksand textures" - you slowly sink into them until you fall through the floor. Specifically the carpet just inside the Hall of Attainment at the College of Winterhold.

I deactivated the mod and the problem went away. I've also noticed the effect when moving over surfaces that are covered with sheets of spiderwebs (i.e the kill Nimhe quest).

It hasn't stopped me from using the mod - it's too cool to not have once you've gotten used to it.

Pettingson

Pettingson

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Here's something i found a lil while ago :o

The beige carpets in the Main Hall just to the right and left after entering it from the entrence hall of an almost fully upgraded Main hall gets Smaller if you roll then unroll again.

It looks like to me that the Rolled model is not as wide as the original carpet and that somehow makes the unrolled carpets smaller :o But the ones in the entrence hall worked fine!

I tried to see if picking it up helped but it did not. I then also noticed that the model for that rug is a green long one heh xD But when placed it's the ugly beige again, but smaller still...

EDIT 2: Tried now to see if it would shrink if only taken up and replaced and not rolled up. This made it smaller also :o

I mean, i don't really care. But i want to share my findings heh ^^

2 pics hosted on Dropbox to show what i mean:
https://dl.dropbox.c...1790/Skyrim.PNG
https://dl.dropbox.c...790/Skyrim2.PNG
(Moved one of the rugs closer to the other to compare, then placed it)

Pettingson

Pettingson

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Also, it seems that Antlers still fall. I went back to a save where i got the popup about the powers added by the mod(1.7), I went to the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun and the Antlers were still on the ground. So 1.7 didn't help. What i tried just now was to load a save where i had been using the mod, where the antlers were on the ground. I deactivated the mod and went back on the same save and went to the Drunken Huntsman and it was on the wall.

So deactivating the mod gets them back on the wall. But 1.7 didn't :( Atleast not the one in the Drunken Huntsman. I have not been to the other oblivion quest place so i can't give you feedback about that. :/

PS: Having only the Original files of the mod activated and not the Hearthfire version did not help. They were still on the ground. But as i said in the other post, i'm just letting you know all the possibilities and angles i've explored ^^

SamusKnight2K

SamusKnight2K

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
Yeah whatever it is that's causing this isn't fixed in the latest version update. I started a new game and the antlers were still sitting on the floor in Helgen on the side you enter if you follow Hadvar. Brand new game and they're still falling off the wall, no previous save activated either before starting a new game.

iceburg

iceburg

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
Sherbets: I'll look into this; man that's weird. The more info you can give, the better I can look into it, but I'll start with the winterhold hall of attainment. Thanks for the report. :) EDIT: I went, I saw, I didn't sink. That was rug09 which was giving me troubles before. Are you still having problems with 1.7? I'll also check into the Nimhe dungeon to see what my eyes can see. :) Carpet: I really appreciate the bug report. If someone like reports it in a positive way, then I don't have to solve it when someone is angry with me. :D EDIT: Wow. Now wonder rugs were having problems. I had the rug system really messed up. Thank you for catching that! It will also be fixed in 1.8 Antlers: You're right, they're still falling for me! Thanks for letting me know. I should have double checked it when I thought I fixed it. I just double checked my fix in the CK and it *should be working. (Obviously it's not). I will investigate further. EDIT: Turns out that the origional antlers had clutter collision, so I don't know why they stayed afloat before the mod. 1.8 will have this fixed. I'm considering updating to 1.8 after just fixing the most recent string of bugs, without adding new furniture (So I can release it right away). Thoughts?

Edited by iceburg, 28 October 2012 - 10:56 PM.

Pettingson

Pettingson

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Yeah, make it a bugfixing version i'd say. Makes you not having to stress to finish the other stuff :D

And LOL at the carpet answer xD <3

iceburg

iceburg

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 903 posts
Alrighty, will do. I need to finish homework for tomorrow, then investigate Nimhe, and then I'll upload 1.8: bugfix patch. :D
Hehe, thanks. When I tested the carpet I was like "What the heck!?" :)

Pettingson

Pettingson

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Aww, to bad. I gotta go sleep now(Sweden) :'( Guess it'll have to wait til tmrw :P My only wish now would be the guy making the "More Interactive Items" mod adds support for the rugs and slaughter hook ect that's inside Hearthfire houses D: They seem to be hoverable but not able to be picked up T_T Like hardcoded into the furniture. EDIT: They seem to be movable by holding down E but not being able to be picked up D: Just as how the lighting EVERYWHERE doesn't rely on the fire itself, not even the model (that i sometimes remove with the help of your mod) Which makes the walls light up themselves. It's sad that it doesn't work like that. Is there a mod for dynamic lighting like that? Would fit so awesomly with your mod to be able to move the models. But i bet that would be hell of a job T_T Sure there's a tiny little aura around any lit candle, but it's not big. Perhaps it could be made bigger...

Edited by Pettingson, 29 October 2012 - 12:29 AM.

Page loaded in: 0.959 seconds