• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

xeightballx

xeightballx

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
I set up this for anyone having issues with this mod, or for if anyone spots a bug.
Feel free to help out anyone if you know a fix or a solution to a problem before I get a chance to respond.

If I do not respond, please note that it may be because I am simply 'busy'. But don't worry, I won't ignore any issues. They will be fixed as soon as I get a chance.

Also, please update your post if you find a solution to your own problem. It may help others in the future.

PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION FOR THIS MOD BEFORE POSTING HERE

Edited by xeightballx, 16 July 2013 - 07:10 AM.

JJDrakken

JJDrakken

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Got current update, Blue Holds, Green Markers for quests, they still show on the map, but the Compass(North/South/East/West) display, the quests & stuff do not show the color.

xeightballx

xeightballx

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
In response to post #7523146.

yup. like I said in the sticky post, I will be updating to add the markers to the compass as soon as possible. Just keep in mind that I've got 12 different variations for this mod, with approx 48 icons in each - bringing the total to about 520 icons to do for the compasses altogether. So it may take a bit, but they are on their way, rest assured.

Lobuno

Lobuno

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

I get SkyUI error code 6, something about file version not matching. I guess that's because I'm using the latest SkyUI 3.3 and your compatibility patch is for v3.2 only.

Please update your compatibility patch to SkyUI 3.3.

Thanks, for the awesome job.

xeightballx

xeightballx

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
In response to post #7568156. #7569916 is also a reply to the same post.

Yup. That's for the map.swf file.

Edited by xeightballx, 15 March 2013 - 01:00 AM.

Coasty

Coasty

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 136 posts

I posted this yesterday, but in the wrong forum.

"Just a note to let you know that your optional file "Change the map markers - Mines" doesn't work with the SkyUI v3.2 compatible version of your mod.

There's no CTD's, error messages, or anything like that, but the 'pick and axe' icon is never swapped out for the mine cart icon.

I don't know if it even works now with the default v7.0 colored map markers mod, as the last time I tried out the optional 'Change the map markers - Mines' file was back when you first released it. It worked then, but doesn't now."

There was a reply that pointed me here for the bug report, which also posted a jpg showing that it was working for him. So I'm not sure why it isn't working for me. I have

Edit: OOPS xeightballx, just noticed that it was you who posted the reply to my original bug report.

xeightballx

xeightballx

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
In response to post #7569283.

Yup.
Short answer to your problem:
You've got another mod overwriting the mine markers.

Long answer to your problem:
You've got another mod overwriting the mine markers.

------
More than likely, since you downloaded that a while ago, the .esp file is going to be higher in the load order.
Since the lowest overwrites the highest, the mine markers mod is being overwritten by a newer file that is lower in the load order.

Try moving it down the list of mods you have, or simply place it at the bottom of your load order.

Coasty

Coasty

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 136 posts

You're right, as I just now discovered.  I didn't check yesterday to see which map mod it was in conflict with as I installed MineMarkers.esp to the bottom of the load list and it should have over-ridden all of my other installed map marker mods, and I figured it was something to do with your v7.0 changes., So, I just finished checking and the mod conflict is with 'Atlas Map Markers'. 

After a bit of testing, the bottom line is that no matter where MineMarkers.esp is located in the load order list, Atlas Map Markers is over-riding it.  The only thing I can think of to account for that happening is that the Atlas Map Markers' script files must be the culprit.

Weird!!!

Oh well, not that big of a deal.  The optional mine cart icon is great, but the original pick and axe icon isn't bad either.  :biggrin:

Coasty

Coasty

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 136 posts
In response to post #7568156. #7569205 is also a reply to the same post.

I noticed just now that with the SkyUI 3.3 update that SkyUI map search function still works with the Colored Map Markers v7.0 compatibility update. At least, it's working on my system.

I had to turn on the version checking option in the SkyUI MCM advanced options to see the v3.2/v3.3 version mis-match error message, so SkyUI 3.3 doesn't actually break anything. You're right though, that map version checking option needs some re-working.

xeightballx

xeightballx

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
In response to post #7569743.

Totally just found this in one of the previous comments: (I knew someone had asked before...)

Just in case someone else ever asks:

The minemarkers.esp collides a little with the very nice
"Secondary Locations Map Markers v1_4" by Kronixx
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14976

Yours loaded before SLMM won't show the carts.
Being loaded after SLMM, it overides the mine category names (iron, ebony etc.) to default.
(Only those who have a smelter of course.)

So I just loaded both into Tes5edit and drag/dropped the SLMM mine names into yours
Compatibility done :-)

Have this awesome guy to thank for it:
http://skyrim.nexusm...m/users/2585700

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Page loaded in: 1.112 seconds