38 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 983,676 posts
Pipboy Desktop Themes Pack

Custom Pipboy Backgrounds with your choice of theme.

Lazergunz pew pew

Lazergunz pew pew

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
Nice , but how do you Get zoomed out of your Pipboy, whenever i look at my Pipboy its just the screen , not the whole arm.

wogz187

wogz187

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Lazergunz,

I changed a line in the .ini file

Navigate to your My Documents/My Games/Fallout3 folder

Open Fallout.ini (configuration settings)

Use control+F and search for Pipboy

Locate this line

fPipboy1stPersonFOV=

and change the default value to

fPipboy1stPersonFOV=60.0

Save and exit.

Hope that helps :)

jaysus

jaysus

Mishka The Ape & The Seven Dutchmen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts
lol thats an amazing idea XD

mark008

mark008

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts
nice idea, i lol'd at Hannah, Babe, and Budweiser ones :P damn i wanna drink bud now...

Daelda1

Daelda1

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 417 posts
I like the idea, but does it interfere with reading the map? It seems like it might. Can we get some screen shots of the other Pipboy pages? Especially those that are info-heavy.

wogz187

wogz187

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Daelda1,

These images will interfere with your map and text. You'll need to select an appropriate color interface depending on which image you choose.

I designed them NOT to interfere with the menu but am unable to account for all circumstances and environments.

There are several mods available that will make a big difference with the menus. I'll provide links in the mirrors section when I've researched this further.

Daelda1

Daelda1

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 417 posts
For some reason, this isn't working at all for me. I placed the files into the Textures folder - I have Archive Invalidation Invalidated installed (I have several other mods as well). My Pipboy background color is white (for easier reading of the map). I checked several Pipboy screens, and no background. I tried both the Alienware (as that is the computer I have) and the Nuke themes. The mods that I am using which affect the Pipboy (that I am aware of) are DarNified UI, Forged Engine (from the Forged UI mod) - both of which change elements of the Pipboy UI), Nightstrike Armor, Nightstrike Armor with Glow (which just retextures the Pipboy), the map mod Color Hi-Detailed map and icons and More Map Markers (which just adds additional map markers and moves a few a little bit). I did try changing the background from white back to the default green, with no success. So, while I would like to give this mod a test run and a rating, I am unable to get it working at this time. Probably a fault on my end, so not a big deal. I hope this works well for others.

wogz187

wogz187

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Daelda,

Copy your Pipboy texture folder somewhere safe and remove it from Fallout 3/Data. Install the mod again and you should see your background. There's nothing to it, no trick, just a simple texture replacement.

Make sure you have a copy of screenglare.dds in every Pipboy texture folder. That is:

Pipboy/PC/English each folder needs a copy of the texture.

Edited by wogz187, 19 January 2009 - 12:27 AM.

Daelda1

Daelda1

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 417 posts
There is no Pipboy3000 folder within my Textures folder. The only Pipboy folders I have are:

Fallout3DatanightarmorPipboy
Fallout3meshesnightarmorPipboy

In the Textures folder, the only Pipboy related folders are the pipboyimages and pipboyimages_small folders.

It would be nice to use your mod, but I don't want to mess up my Nightstrike armor - which my guess is that it is the conflict (just a guess however).

Page loaded in: 1.012 seconds