New Forum Update ×

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Forums for Assassin's Creed Odyssey Nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com//

117 topics in this forum

1. CREW MOD

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Resorep

• 1 reply
    • 10 replies
  3. Shield Mod

• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. Edit Quest Pointer

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
    • 0 replies
  5. please

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Another approach could be to attach a script to the objects which monitors for  Event OnContainerChanged(ObjectReference aknewContainer, ObjectReference akoldContainer) and returns it to akoldContainer if aknewContainer == PlayerRef if the conditions (quest stage, gobalvariable) are not right.     
    • Agree completely. Loosing friends is just sad. But I think that a forum is in fact a form of social media. We talk to people here, so how is it not social? Which is probably why we find it so painful that some of the "useless" social features disappeared, such as a true post count and friends. Kudos is another such feature, and thankfully it could be saved. Also, understanding technical limitations does not make the sadness go away and does not make the loss feel less of a loss. It is not suddenly ok. It is a serious degradation of functionality and understanding the reasons for it does not make it into less of a degradation. The same as we as users have to accept this degradation of our experience, so do the administators of Nexus Mods have to accept that this decision leads to people liking their site less. They have to recognised that they did remove much-loved features. Of course it was through necessity and not out of any evil intent, but it still happened. And it is this recognition that I am not seeing, an acknowledgement that yeah guys, we're so sorry, we hurt your feelings... That's just lacking. We, users, are being brushed off. "It wasn't personal, it's business." Well, it's personal to us.
    • Yeah, those other social media places fostered a sense of competition around the 'friends' mechanic that cheapened it to just a number.  But here, it was people that you genuinely wanted to stay in touch with, or remember and revisit.  The number of them was never important. You know that trend to post 'F' to pay respects?  I guess we need to post F for Friends here. F
    • I am having troubles trying to make the dialogue run only once in the entire playthrough. It is said here: https://wiki.beyondskyrim.org/wiki/Arcane_University:Dialogue_Systems_for_Writers I am working on a quest whith Player and NPC are introducing themselves to each other. There's no quest stages so far, just a few lines. The whole dialogue is supposed to happen only once. Here's the dialogue, initiated by Player (I am reducing the lines to simple lines for showcase purpose): 1. What's your name? 1.1. I'm Jack. And you? 1.1.1. And I am Jane. 1.1.1.1. Nice to meet you.   These are two topics (1. and 1.1.1.) and two responses (1.1. and 1.1.1.1.) I flagged the responses to "Say once". The problem is the first topic prompt pops up every time I load the game. That means I am having that line among dialogue options when I enter the conversation with this particular NPC, and I have a "brilliant" opportunity to ask her what's here name like I am an idiot. What can I do in this situation. I can't flag the topic to "Run once", can I? Do I have to organize the quest stages? I've implemented this tiny  bit of "Introduction" dialogue inside the bigger Quest where all the lines for this NPC are. I don't want to mess around with new quest stages for that Quest. Why does the flag "Say once" not do its work! It looks like it only prevents the dialogue from happening during one game session (sitting). As soon as I exit the game and load it up again, the dialogue is there...
    • i have read that post this morning, several times, and there's an innate sadness about it. i'm sorry pal.