Papyrus ScriptCompiler.bat Error

Rhaskos

Every time I run ScriptCompiler.bat, I get this annoying error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Papyrus Compiler>"C:\Progr
am Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.ex
e" -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\commo
n\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyri
m\Data\Scripts\MyScripts" -o="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyr
im\Data\Scripts"
Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "-f=TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg"...
<unknown>(0,0): unable to locate script -f=TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg
No output generated for -f=TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on -f=TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Papyrus Compiler>Pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Here's my ScriptCompiler.bat code:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" %1 -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\MyScripts" -o="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts"
Pause

There's a file called "TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source" folder. It was already there, so I assume it's supposed to be there. This is what's in it:

/*
    Format is as follows (whitespace is completely ignored, index must be between 0 and 31 inclusive):
        Flag <name> <index>        // flag is allowed on all types
    or:
        Flag <name> <index> { <list of script, property, variable, or function> }    // flag is allowed only on the specified types
*/

// List of flags for TESV - DO NOT EDIT

// Flag hides the script or property from the game editor
Flag Hidden 0
{
    Script
    Property
}

// Flag on an object designates it as the script the condition system will look at
// Flag on a variable allows the script variable to be examined by the condition system
Flag Conditional 1
{
    Script
    Variable
}

If it helps at all:

Skyrim's Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

Script Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts

Source Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source

Why am I getting this error, and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance :smile:

You aren't actually compiling a file.

I just set my Notepad++ up to compile scripts for me. This is the output in the CMD window

Z:\Apps\Notepad++>"C:\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Papyrus compiler\PapyrusComp

iler.exe" "abimIMSMCMQuestScript.psc" -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="C:\Steam\S
teamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Base+DLC\Source" -o="C:\Steam\SteamApps\Comm
on\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"
Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "abimIMSMCMQuestScript"...
Starting assembly of abimIMSMCMQuestScript
0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Assembly succeeded
Compilation succeeded.
Batch compile of 1 files finished. 1 succeeded, 0 failed.
Z:\Apps\Notepad++>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Note the file highlighted in pink. Yours does not have a file and so the compiler is trying to compile the flag setting. You do not run the ScriptCompile.bat file directly. You tie it in with Notepad++ or Sublime Text.

I suppose you could run the ScriptCompile.bat directly, if you replaced the %1 with your script file every single time. That would be tedious for sure.

Thats was IsharaMeradin said above:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Papyrus Compiler\PapyrusCompiler.exe" example.psc -f="TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg" -i="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source" -o="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts"

pause

but you can also using the CK for compiling without dealing with bat files or CMD windows.

Edited by 0varon