OBMM won't let me add a bsa file into an omod

I'm trying to get oblivion up and running again with all the mods that I have and everything, but I'm having a hard time with Oblivion Mod Manager. I'm trying to install Mart's Monster Mod with all the files that I would need to convert everything to obmm. I've got the omod converter, the esp and esm files, and the bsa file at the ready. I drag everything in the correct order, but the bsa wouldn't be added. I thought that I could see a walkthrough to see if I did something wrong. I watch the tutorial and see that I have to extract the archive to a folder to rename the bsa file to MMM and recompress it. I do that the exact same way that the tutorial did it, I add the archive to the omod and it gave me an error message saying "This file is password protected. Or it was an invalid archive file." I think that it wants it to be a .7z file and not a .rar file. So I rename it to let it through and it gives me another error saying "Unable to extract anything from this archive." So right now I'm stuck trying to get this working because I'd rather not add everything manually because it would take like 10 years to get everything settled and working. If anyone has any answers, please let me know.