• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

cheffchantier

cheffchantier

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

I have my doubts that the LOOT Team tests every mod on their compatibility , conflicts in xedit?

Not to mistake this for criticism, I know there are too many mods out there to test them all against each other for conflicts and compatibility;)

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 18,127 posts

I thank you both for your Insights. I will remember them.

I would recommend grouping your mods together based upon the major function that they perform going from overhaul to general to specific.

That is partially what I came here for, thank you for this useful information. This will give me a starting point.

I will begin reviewing my load order and come up with groups that suit my needs :wink:

Where is that Unknown quote even from?
It's not from this thread.

cheffchantier

cheffchantier

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

I think there is a little miscommunication going on here.  

There is more to mods than just the plugin.  Loose files are a consideration here.  LOOT does not handle those, not even the version built into Vortex.  Vortex, however, does provide rules to determine what loose files get used.  The best course might be to run Vortex's built-in LOOT to get the load order.  Make any necessary adjustments, though there shouldn't be too many these days.  Then create whatever rules might be necessary for the individual files (meshes, textures) that you want to actually see in the game.  Go slowly and test appearance and functionality every so often.

There is no "one way" to organize one's loose files.  It will always boil down to user tastes.  I would recommend grouping your mods together based upon the major function that they perform going from overhaul to general to specific.  

As far as where in the overall scheme of the deployment / priority order, it doesn't really matter so long as the files you want used are the ones being used.

There you go...

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 18,127 posts

I have my doubts that the LOOT Team tests every mod on their compatibility , conflicts in xedit?

Not to mistake this for criticism, I know there are too many mods out there to test them all against each other for conflicts and compatibility;)

I MEANT THIS QUOTE

cheffchantier

cheffchantier

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

You are aware that is just my personal opinion, no fact, or are you so hellbent to press your own opinion on other people who clearly showed you they have a different opinion???

As stated several times I did it with my Method before with 457 Plugins and aside from the Ivarstead CTD, everything worked fine. I just wanted to know if the order I used before is remotely ok to install mods and work their conflicts. 

I really thank you that you took the time to answer me, but from the beginning, this conversation was totally beside the Information I came here for (it's as if I came to ask for help, for how high I need to deploy my ladder to get the best apples from my tree. then you come and say forget the ladder you need a forklift else you just run into problems and nothing will work and you will just complain to me and yadda, yadda, yadda.) --> If I would be a beginner and did not know anything about modding I would feel really grateful, but atm this just feels like you trying to impose your opinion on me. Which I don´t like at all.

Just let me mod my game, believe me, it is not the first time I have done so.

I believe I have stated all there is from my side of view. I will now get back to modding my Game, if anyone else(or even YOU) can give me some feedback on my question I had, I appreciate it, if not this thread can happily be closed.

Thanks, ISharameradin for your helpful Information

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 18,127 posts

You are aware that is just my personal opinion, no fact, or are you so hellbent to press your own opinion on other people who clearly showed you they have a different opinion???

As stated several times I did it with my Method before with 457 Plugins and aside from the Ivarstead CTD, everything worked fine. I just wanted to know if the order I used before is remotely ok to install mods and work their conflicts. 

I really thank you that you took the time to answer me, but from the beginning, this conversation was totally beside the Information I came here for (it's as if I came to ask for help, for how high I need to deploy my ladder to get the best apples from my tree. then you come and say forget the ladder you need a forklift else you just run into problems and nothing will work and you will just complain to me and yadda, yadda, yadda.) --> If I would be a beginner and did not know anything about modding I would feel really grateful, but atm this just feels like you trying to impose your opinion on me. Which I don´t like at all.

Just let me mod my game, believe me, it is not the first time I have done so.

I believe I have stated all there is from my side of view. I will now get back to modding my Game, if anyone else(or even YOU) can give me some feedback on my question I had, I appreciate it, if not this thread can happily be closed.

Thanks, ISharameradin for your helpful Information

So you faked that quote, Nice.

All I'm trying to do is let you know that if you're planning on putting all of your plugins into GROUPS, you're going to have problems, because Groups are also a Sorting Method along with "Lock Index", and then adding your own sorting rules, is going to make you run into Cyclic Rules, like the cyclic rule picture I posted above.

But, you really only want people to tell you what you want to hear, so I'm not welcome here, so go for it.
Come to the Vortex Support group if you run into any snags.

cheffchantier

cheffchantier

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

How can you fake an opinion, I said/wrote myself??? a quote is something, somebody once said/wrote/defined and gets used forward from another source for I don´t know what purposes. i just used the quote function because i was to lazy to write it all again and for easy finding if needed. I stated my opinion nothing else. Or am i writing and essay where you grade me or do i violate any copyright? I hope freedom of speech/thinking is still a thing ;)

I feel as if I am writing to a wall. Why don´t you understand that I am not using groups for every plugin/mod out there. I just use the groups to sort the few plugins not sorted by auto loot, so the problem of cyclic rule redundancy is somewhat minimized......if not at all eliminated. as isharameradin stated apparently loot does not have that many problems anymore ordering plugins, then a year before when I used it to make my old mod list. but I will never completely trust LOOT ordering my load order.

I really don´t know how to explain it otherwise, sorry for my bad English, but I tried now 3 times.

I thank you for your invite, I will remember it and wish you all the best :wink:

Edited by cheffchantier, 13 May 2021 - 09:08 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.030 seconds