Issue with the Creation Kit

hamsterdam420

Hey Guy's and Gal's of the Nexus community! Can i start off by saying you guy's are just awesome =), you've opened my eyes to a whole new world!!

Anyway, I've been skulking through the files of most of the Nexus for quite some time now and never really poked my head out to say hello, this was due to being so engrossed in the mods but also because i never really had any issue that i couldn't figure out myself, but today that changed. I decided that there were quite a few things that i wanted to see on here, the Nexus, but couldn't find, so i downloaded the Creation Kit, found an online tutorial (one by Bethesda themselves) and began. Straight away i have ran into trouble. The first thing that the tutorial says to do is go to "file" "data" highlight the "Skyrim.esm" click "OK" and...........well there is no and for me, because when i do this i get an error message =(! The window with the error doesn't allow me to copy it so i'll just link you the pic! Sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking this, i just thought the Mod discussion part would be the best place to ask!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any feedback is greatly appreciated

Henry

Hey Guy's and Gal's of the Nexus community! Can i start off by saying you guy's are just awesome =), you've opened my eyes to a whole new world!!

Anyway, I've been skulking through the files of most of the Nexus for quite some time now and never really poked my head out to say hello, this was due to being so engrossed in the mods but also because i never really had any issue that i couldn't figure out myself, but today that changed. I decided that there were quite a few things that i wanted to see on here, the Nexus, but couldn't find, so i downloaded the Creation Kit, found an online tutorial (one by Bethesda themselves) and began. Straight away i have ran into trouble. The first thing that the tutorial says to do is go to "file" "data" highlight the "Skyrim.esm" click "OK" and...........well there is no and for me, because when i do this i get an error message =(! The window with the error doesn't allow me to copy it so i'll just link you the pic! Sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking this, i just thought the Mod discussion part would be the best place to ask!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and any feedback is greatly appreciated

Henry

Check your Skyrim directory for the Creation Kit application.

Creation Kit should share the same directory as your Skyrim main game files, or otherwise it cannot locate the .esm.