GECK: overseers desk

uberlux

Hello everyone.

Ive been working on a mod and i dont know how to make my overseers desk function with a terminal. I already have the terminal and desk in position, and i have made sure its the right desk, yes this one is.

The problem is,

1. I dont know about how im meant to script the door to the terminal

2. ive only scripted like twice under very certain tutorials.

If anyone knows how i can get this working, then i would really appreciate the help!

cheers folks.

• 1 year later...

Solved it, its really simple openstate script

Man can i ask please?

Im new to creating mods,whole new world for me,but the scripts language its kinda barrier.

So far i can make nice Vault/Bases etc can make my own NPC's make them "sandboxing",having nice 5 stage deep,trading,repairing,porting,unlockin/opening,closing/locking Terminals,also i did my own vendor almost with no help of tutorials and already working on my own quest,but some thing are still out of my understanding like problem i have now:

I having copy of the "Activator" Overseer Desk and having nothing on it just "persistent reference"

Then a make copy of that clasic yellow on/of (red/green) Switch (Also Activator-maybe thats the problem?), i puted my script to the Switch,linked ref in render window him with the Overseer desk.

But the problem is : The desk aint activated by the Switch but just "use" the Overseer Desk and its opening/Closing as scripted in Switch.

So my Q is: How to avoid to opening by "use" the Overseer Desk in game,but make him respond just for the switch/terminal?

I know it will be some common problem,but can't figure out :/

Thanks forwardly for anything you can point out.

And if someone having easy scripts in .txt or so,send me link please so i can look more into it and undesrtand the principes.

The usefull scripts on the Geck site aint much usefull for me..half of them aint even work.

Edited by kurecore

• 3 years later...

Please note the date of the previous post, and see the Nexus "Terms of Service" about not resurrecting old threads. The primary reason is that the original thread participants are seldom still around, and it is unlikely that you have exactly the same setup. Details matter.

I interpret that response "really simple openstate script" to mean that what was needed was to add an "OnOpen" Block to the script fired off when the "OnActivate" "open animation" was run.

You may find some of the other articles on "Animation" in the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article offer further insights.

-Dubious-