Hello

I am actually working with Creation Kit of a Vault 75 Prewar Mod which basically consists on restoring Vault 75 back to their original glory (Cleaning Trash, Swapping Vault materials from Vault Damage to their Original Clean version, restoring objects with Prewar and Clean ones). Everything was going sweet for a couple of days until I noticed particular objects related with the vault building were out of place or not fitting the rest of the room as it they were moved to the right or the left but then I noticed there was entire ROOMS that were gone misplaced(for example the second floor of the atrium is not aligned with the first one being the second one pushed more inwards) I got in crisis because I have been working for these mod for so long and was going and looking so well that, so I trying looking for a fix or an element that I may have misplaced or moved that controlled the axis of entire rooms because the damage was not only limited to the atrium the scientific area and the overseer office have gone misplaced too.

So will like to ask if someone out could be able give me an inside of what could possibly is happening and a way of fixing or even restoring the original position of the building without loosing the progress of scratching and restoring the building... The misplacing for now is only reserved to being misplaced inwards so it means it is just between the X and Y axis. I would be soo gratefull if someone could offer its help and in the best case give my project a glance by himself or herself, I am gonna attach the google drive link of the file to this publication. I am really looking forward of finishing this mod as far as I am concerned is a very cool idea.

Thanks,

Juani0210

Drive Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1faZoVbIReiUnuX5qebv2fg-buO1qulNW/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Juani0210

I hardly understand what you are trying to say, but I'm willing to have a look. Been working on/with vaults quite a lot.

...but it would be helpful if you allow us (me) to actually download the file, without begging for permission first...

I've recently had a similar experience rebuilding Hotel Rexford.

All of a sudden, parts of the building were rotated against each other.

Parts of the upper half of the building rotated by 1.2 degrees, while other parts of the same upper half got rotated by -1.08 degrees. The lower half of the building did not get rotated at all, except for a bunch of pieces from the 2nd floor.

I almost scrapped the mod, because I was extra careful to have everything aligned perfectly and nice. Needless to say that, after this incident, there were gaps and angles everywhere!

As for the reason why, Idk. I've had the entire building packed in a reference group, so I'm absolutely unclear how parts of the building could have gotten rotated against each other. I think CK is simply an effin buggy fricken mess. Best to regularly back up your mods, like every 15 minutes, cause you never know what the editor will be up to next.

I've also learned that, when copying a light together with a linked lightbox, CK will place the copy of the light *somewhere*. Literally, somewhere. Like, under the heightmap, 3 cells from the original position. Still linked to the lightbox. What the f***, Todd?

Yeah, this does look bad. A lot is out of place. The 2nd floor has been moved along the Y axis by a weird amount. Others like the eleveator trigger have even been moved on all 3 axis, by relatively tiny amounts.

However, it can be repaired, using xEdit to undo all these movements. Before I do that, i do need to know if there is anything you did move on purpose, as you will likely need to redo those, after repairing the positions.

For ONES in a lifetime, I'm wiling to do the repair for you and even throw in a bonus (something i created for my own vault mod, which fits Vault 75 like no other).

I do expect some flowers at least for that :D (just kidding)

edit:

BTW, the NPC's you copied in, generate errors. (as they are duplicate references within the world now)

Edited by RoNin1971

OMG :D You are soo nice! I dont know how I will be able to thank you... Thanks really I am still very unexperienced literally is my first mod and I almost give up... Well I havent moved anything on purpose unless a bunch of stairwells on the reactor area besides all the original objects the only thing I have been doing for days was swapping their materials to the clean version on edit mode and some objects I have been replacing them with their clean or prewar (like the screening zone terminal and the kitchen counter on the cafeteria) and for the bonus you offer.... well I cannot say no the only think I dont know Is to how I will be able to thank you. You dont ever imagine how much I appreciate this... :laugh:

Btw you didnt discovered what happened, is still a mistery for the modders? Do you know how can I prevent this from happening again? As I have said I am super new to this so most of the time I dont know what I am doing :pinch: or touching...

Again thanks a lot... You are like an angel...

It's impossible to track the cause of this displacement, and i have no idea what might cause it. As Niston already mentioned CK is buggy as hell. So at least create backups each time you work on your mod, and keep all of them, as you might discover something is wrong, 5 sessions down the line. (I ones lost months of work, because i only kept 2 backups, and both already had the errors)

Ok.... I will do but honestly I think it was because I was not carefull enough may be I will try to donwload XEdit and fix it If eventually the displacemente occurs again I think I will concentrate on cleaning the vault first more cautiously but honestly I think It was I am really unexperienced like literally is my first time using it so I need to be more responsible. As for the NPCs yes I am aware I need to edit them to adapt them to the Vault 75 what I wanted is the Vault 111 Prewar NPCs pattern of conduit.

Thanks a lot again you are really nice to do this...

Alright, its restored. Here is the new version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jTJ-Z8KIHeyGRFzZ1rvImqj2FPBhW2IS/view?usp=sharing

I "simply" removed ALL changes to Position/Rotation records. Which where a lot. The file went down from 352KB to 289KB in size. But then i raised it by a few KB again. :D

I ran the file with xEdit's QuickAutoClean as well. This does however return a lot of stuff you deleted. No need to panic there. There is a reason for that:

If the game itself or any other mod references one of these deleted objects, it will crash. Instead they are permanently disabled and/or moved.

Now for the "bonus" :happy:

This is something I'm about to release as a resource mod, after giving it much thought lately. First i wanted to keep its first appearance for my own vault mod, but that will take a long time.

So it now comes with a added mesh, materials and a texture. These all belong in your fallout installations Data folder. Do be sure to set the game to load loose files, or put them inside a .ba2 archive.

There are 7 of it placed inside the vault & I'm sure you will like it.

Edited by RoNin1971