MechTheDane

I believe a great mod would be one that included the County of Bruma.

I realize this would be a rather expansive project, rather ambitious in scope, but I think it could be worth it.

Access:
You could enter into the Bruma region/county/hold through either Pale Pass, or the road from Helgen. If certain parties were interested you could even have it so completing the Helgen Reborn mod-quest would then enable access south to Bruma.

Immersion:
For the most part if people want to add "new lands" to Skyrim it often has to be some sort of island or an area of the map accessed through a gateway, basically unconnected to anything else. I think building Bruma would allow a more seamless and immersive transition into a "new" area.

Lore-Friendly:
We already know what Bruma actually looks like. Obviously it wouldn't be exactly the same as it was 500 years ago. But it gives us a pretty clear picture of what it should look like. Instead of creating a place that has no place in the Lore of Skyrim - you would be building one that most certainly exists.

Locations:
The Bruma area has some pretty interesting locations that could be extremely exciting to see in a Mod. For instance:
Cloud Ruler Temple; defeat a gang of thieves who have set up shop in that temple (or hell maybe Thalmor agents!) and restore it as a Blades fortress!
Frostcrag Spire: Restore/rebuild that old ruin. Defeat a Goblin infestation, uncover the mystery of its previous owners.
Pale Pass: A reverse Pale Pass quest could be pretty interesting..find your way into Bruma and perhaps uncover more about that doomed platoon.
Bruma!: Bruma is a cozy little city. Filled with interesting shops and taverns! One of the things I always I was unhappy about in Skyrim was that you cannot become a Jarl. Perhaps in Bruma though, you can have the chance to become a Count(ess). You arrive with two siblings (male and female) both vying for their recently deceased father's title of Count. These Imperials obviously want to marry you (Lets be honest - You have the MOST royal blood in your veins. Even if those hill-billy nords up in Skyrim can't put 2 and 2 together - a few politically wise Imperials SHOULD. They are too pragmatic to care about whatever half-clothed barbarian women you have up north. A political marriage with the DRAGONBORN - already flanked by loyal Blades - with the possibility of heirs is something any Imperial Noble worth their fancy clothes should give a two hands and a butler for!) You pick one side have a bunch of adventures and quests, defeat the other side, marry who you chose and become the leader of County (maybe they die after or can be imprisoned or you can just let them know you're the one in charge - possibly all can be options). Then maybe we can have lots of cool incharge quests. Holding court, making decisions based on robbers, or feuds. Decide which buildings get rebuilt. Collect taxes and use the money to restore the old rotten statue of the Defender of Bruma from the Oblivion Crisis (oh whats that - the statue is too damaged for you to remember exactly what he looked like? Well, I read about him in a book once..let me give you some suggestions for how he should look...).

Other Locations can probably provide interesting mini-mod quests: Applewatch, Plundered Mine, Capstone Cave, Bruma Caverns etc.

Beachhead:
Bruma would be no easy project. However it is far more feasible than any attempt to render all of Cyrodill into Skyrim. That said, it could be a beach-head for future projects that wish to include portions of Cyrodill into Skyrim.
Once you have Bruma and its outlying territory there as an anchor - maybe someone will want to add Sancre Tor content/quest/area and perhaps they will work with someone else and just include Chorrol and its' region. So forth and so on. Maybe all of Cyrodill will never be present, but interesting (and more importantly interconnected and seamless!) swaths of it could be.

Bruma as a gateway to Cyrodill:
The nice thing about Bruma is it IS the "nord" region of Cyrodill. That means much of what you need to build it and the surrounding environs is already available in stock Skyrim tool kits. It should be the easiest region of Cyrodill to mod.

End Notes:
I don't know if anyone ever really reads these suggestions or takes them seriously. But I think if the mod community got behind a push to re-create Bruma it could really open up a new era to Skyrim-modding. I hope some skilled and well connected modders read this and at least give it some due thought.

Thanks.

Edited by MechTheDane

• 2 weeks later...

I've wanted this mod for a long time now. I don't know why mod authors insist on making new lore-aberrant lands instead of recreating lore-friendly lands. Bruma would be perfect, since it's a predominantly Nord settlement in Cyrodiil.

• 1 month later...

It would be even better if in the mod stormcloaks had taken over Bruma as it is a nord city and the mod would add an extra mission in the civil war, if you are part of the empire you have to capture the city and kick out the stormcloaks and if you are stormcloak you have to protect Bruma from imperials.

THE BATTLE OF BRUMA

Also there should be a cool jarl (yes a jarl not a count as Bruma is Skyrim territory now) that is friends with Ulfric Stormcloak and if the battle is won by the empire and they retake the city the jarl is replaced with a count. :smile:

Edited by Kahjiithunter