Help with making a script

PapaLegaBooboo

I'm trying to insert a script that I made, that pops up a message saying 'Hello' when activating an object from another mod. I got it to work by simply pasting my code inside of the script that is attached to the object, but how do I make my script an independent plugin?

Why do you want to save your changes in a new plugin?

Why don't you simply record your changes in a pre-existing plugin?

If the mod only consists of an ESM click the floppy symbol and give your plugin the name you want.

Why do you want to save your changes in a new plugin?

Why don't you simply record your changes in a pre-existing plugin?

If the mod only consists of an ESM click the floppy symbol and give your plugin the name you want.

Because if I were to publish it online, people would be downloading the same copy of the mod that I'm making a plugin for. I want to make my plugin require the mod that I'm making a plugin for. I'm new to scripting...

Edited by PapaLegaBooboo

I hope I got you right. :)

• Right after starting the Construction Set, I go to the Data dialog, and tick off the parent mods that my mod will depend on.
  • I do not set any of them as "active."
  • I make some changes to the parent mods (e.g. alter scripts), and add some new stuff as well, and ..
  • .. save all that in a new file, say, "myCoolMod.esp."
  • Next time I load "myCoolMod.esp" in the Construction Set, I set it as "Active."
  • The parent mods will be loaded automatically, and all further changes go into the "Active" mod, that is, "myCoolMod.esp."

When published, "myCoolMod.esp" would require users to have all the parent mods (downloaded seperately) in their load order.

I hope I got you right. :smile:

• Right after starting the Construction Set, I go to the Data dialog, and tick off the parent mods that my mod will depend on.
  • I do not set any of them as "active."
  • I make some changes to the parent mods (e.g. alter scripts), and add some new stuff as well, and ..
  • .. save all that in a new file, say, "myCoolMod.esp."
  • Next time I load "myCoolMod.esp" in the Construction Set, I set it as "Active."
  • The parent mods will be loaded automatically, and all further changes go into the "Active" mod, that is, "myCoolMod.esp."

When published, "myCoolMod.esp" would require users to have all the parent mods (downloaded seperately) in their load order.

I want to attach a script to an object from another mod, but that object already has a script attached to it.

Said object has a bunch of properties, one of them being that script you want to alter. You can overwrite any of those properties with your mod.

The original property will be gone, and be replaced by the one you devised. Your mod just has to be loaded _after_ the parent mod.

Said object has a bunch of properties, one of them being that script you want to alter. You can overwrite any of those properties with your mod.

The original property will be gone, and be replaced by the one you devised. Your mod just has to be loaded _after_ the parent mod.

But I still want the original script that's attached to the object to function.

Edited by PapaLegaBooboo