Introducing .. 'The Minutemen TRAIN!' .. choo choo .. BOOM!

Bait4dragons

Introducing .. 'The Minutemen TRAIN!' .. choo choo .. BOOM!

just a concept, c'mon .. creative geezer wastelander.. but did you know that in the '40s Goerring had his own TRAIN! ?? It took a staff of 170 to operate it, and also 1 stationary guard was required every 300 yards or so along the whole route whenever it went anywheres...

I don't think we can blow holes through mountains and run rails through them in FO4 .. bridges would be easier to make (except there are no workshops BETWEEN places .. And the LAST THING we need in FO4 is MORE DECORATIONS! and certainly not any MORE immersive 'fast travels' .. goodness gracious!

But it would be nice to have a private?/public? TRAIN you could CRAFT the armaments somehow ? and lay the TRACK somehow? but if it is only going to be a decorative train the last thing we need is another combine! And the last thing we need its more fast travel, and ZERO WINDOWS YOU CANT SEE THROUGH!

man that would be fun even to ride a train (real windows/no windows) from Sanctuary-Red Rocket .. travel the Commonwealth by train shooting out the windows .. (pull the emergency stop cord if you see some action en route) .. one flatdeck on the train coud have working Howitzers.. another one could carry a Vertibird ..

SHOVE THAT UP THY SETTLEMENT SUPPLY ROUTES AND LINES :smile:

hyuk, hyuk

** Warning! you never know for sure who else is catching the train today

:smile:

Edited by Bait4dragons

Hi!

I love trains!

I recommend barn and warehouse extensions for rails and the nuclear steam locomotive in Vanilla and GameJam liveries, also comes with freight and industrial rolling stock.

There is a mod that adds the diesel loco from New Vegas and some metro carriages.

There is a mod that adds a Bedford Station settlement.

There's a mod that adds power armour made from the nuclear steam loco xD

Tell me if you want links and I shall provide.

It sounds like what this person is asking for isn't train-related structures/static objects, but a craftable train track system that you can place around the Commonwealth then run trains on, connecting settlements together or otherwise providing transit, that you can arm/customize/ride on/see out the windows of.

That's a pretty big ask.

That said, if anyone comes up with a way, it sounds interesting. I'm just boggling at the amount of work that would be required to implement it....

I know a couple people who would love that, thinking that at least one end-to-end would have been formed from a restored section of track.

But there just doesn't seem to be enough overlap with Mod Authors, Fallout and train enthusiasts.

I think this is the case because 'Trainz' a popular train sim game with a huge focus on community made content, (and the devs always making the next game backwards compatible with older community content) has no trains from Fallout.

While I can only think of two loco's, one in 4 and one in NV, this is weird because literally everything else exists (Polar Express, Thomas and so many more fictional ones) but not the freaking Nuclear Steam Engine.

There is a settlement blueprint for Oberland that adds a locomotive and two cars to the train tracks. The builder had to spend hours moving the train around and adding/levelling track because the locomotive is too big to actually follow the hills and curves of the in-game tracks. Yup, a lot of the train tracks you see in game couldn't actually be traversed by the locomotive model and train cars provided.

This would be a really cool mod, but you'd also have to go back and edit huge stretches of existing track to make it useable, which is going to conflict with a lot of vanilla settlements as well as other mods.