Spellmaking - Missing Effects

I've been playing with a miriad of mods without too much issue, but recently noticed I couldn't make certain custom spells I had recalled making prior play throughs. The only mods related to magic are FCOM, LAME and Midas (other than an added house with mage altars and the unofficial Frostcrag patch). There are a spattering of effects that I have via spells, etc (sometimes multiple ways), but can't access via the Spellmaking Altar (any of the altars anywhere) like Charm, Chameleon, Command Humanoid, Drain Health, and Drain Fatigue. After a number of searches around the net for whether the above mods change spellmaking or how to alter spellmaking, without any luck, I figured I'd start asking around and see if I can get any help.

Does FCOM, LAME, or Midas remove the ability to use certain spell effects from spellmaking altars?

Does anyone know where I should go poking around using the Construction Set to see about re-activating certain effects or if there's any code blocking things? I did some checking already, but can't see anything obvious in scripts and I can't see exactly what the SpellmakingAltar Activator calls (can't say I'm super familiar with the CS's setup, though)

I appreciate any help. Cheers.

• 1 year later...

From the UESP Wiki page Oblivion:Spell Making (emphasis added):

When you activate the Altar of Spellmaking, the spellmaking window appears. On the left you are presented with a list of all the magical effects you can use to make a new spell. This list only contains the effects of spells that you know and are able to cast

• 4 years later...

ok this is clearly broken. Because i know how to cast certain spells like fortify luck, or invisibility, charm. There are even more missing and it makes no sense. The altar of spellmaking seems really limited and functions somehow in a limiting fashion. I am wondering if the company itself made certain official patches that are removing certain features that make the game easier, but perhaps they are assuming this is for the easier difficulty.

I feel playing on the hardest difficulty i need access to all the spells that should be available but they are obviously missing and i dont understand why.

Even the magnitude spells themselves are broken. for example can buy feather 250 pts from a merchant.

I can only enchant feather 100pts. That is the max limit.

Something is clearly broken.

I have the deluxe edition by the way.

Even the magnitude spells themselves are broken. for example can buy feather 250 pts from a merchant.

I can only enchant feather 100pts. That is the max limit.

Something is clearly broken.

I have the deluxe edition by the way.

No it's normal.