Fixing Miranda changes?

RJWidowMaker

Why is a 2 second ass shot that important compared to the hundreds of hours that the game has? I honestly don't even remember there was this scene with this camera angle in the original ME2.

In the end censorship is wrong. Especially if they keep stuff in for the guys thats not right for the girls

I think it depends on the context. Censoring someone for speaking out criticism to the government is wrong. But reworking a camera angle that the creators feel should be changed seems like a harmless level of change. I don't think we should see in black and white, that Freedom of expression is always right, and Censorship is always wrong. There's a lot of gray in between. There are some levels of changes that are deemed acceptable for the greater good, and there are lines that should not be crossed. Similarly, too much of a freedom is bad too, so there has to be some level of freedom that can be accepted, and some line of freedom that shouldn't be crossed.

To me, a change in a camera angle of Miranda's butt can be categorised as a harmless change. Especially since it doesn't affect the entire scene or dialog altogether. If they cut an entire scene out, then yes that would be going too far and unacceptable. But this.... this is just a minor thing.

Besides, it's probably bad for them to market this change. If I were them I wouldn't change anything, but If I feel like changing the ass camera angle, I would do it quietly. Don't publicise the change, and no gamers would have noticed it. Even if someone noticed it, it would have to be playing side by side with the old game at the same time, and it would be too late, everyone's already bought the product and playing halfway through the trilogy already instead of going through these arguments.

I'm tired of the fact that having gay mods for men with men and women with women gets put in by modders but a simple scene with THE BEST LOOKING GIRL IN THE GAMES ass has no need to be modded it is un fair to be inclusive to to everybody else but take Miranda's best feature out for stupid reasons. No one agrees with censorship and taking out that scene and any nudity in a mature rated game where you can blow someones head off or splatter people all over the wall (The scene with subject 0's loyalty mission) is left in is just stupid. Are we adults or 10 year olds who they have to remove things from the game to protect us?.

I'm tired of the fact that having gay mods for men with men and women with women gets put in by modders but a simple scene with THE BEST LOOKING GIRL IN THE GAMES ass has no need to be modded it is un fair to be inclusive to to everybody else but take Miranda's best feature out for stupid reasons. No one agrees with censorship and taking out that scene and any nudity in a mature rated game where you can blow someones head off or splatter people all over the wall (The scene with subject 0's loyalty mission) is left in is just stupid. Are we adults or 10 year olds who they have to remove things from the game to protect us?.

Well said.

So how the f*** is there no mod yet to restore the Booty Shots? I would've thought you coomers would've had that s*** fixed Day One.

Yeah I second this. I would love to try and do it myself but I have no idea where to even begin.

So how the f*** is there no mod yet to restore the Booty Shots? I would've thought you coomers would've had that s*** fixed Day One.

Yeah I second this. I would love to try and do it myself but I have no idea where to even begin.

Probably reverse engineering the old mod that removed the Booty Shots would be a good starting point.

• 3 weeks later...

Also would love to see someone make the attempt. We need a legend!

I honestly don't understand why there is so much backlash over a trivial, two second scene. It was just an alteration the creators felt appropriate to make in their game.

Isn't there another thread like this somewhere?

People are really, really stupid. Crying "censorship" over this is beyond insane. Or whining that it's not a mature game anymore because you don't have two second butt shot. Over the top graphical eye candy is not what makes this a mature game. The story and all the sexual innuendo does that.

In general sexiness doesn't have to devolve into silliness, which it did in that scene. Especially given the otherwise serious topic they're talking about. It wasn't intended for comedic effect like some other stuff in the series. Yet it became a meme. Miranda is supposed to be very attractive. However, focusing on her butt for no reason can even detract from that and turn a character trait it into parody. Overall her outfit is still very sexualized, with her skintight pants for example, so nothing is lost.

It's similar with the way breasts are sometimes modeled in ME, where some dresses have kind of built-in bra cups. Rather than being sexy this is distracting for me and I'd rather have clothing drape more realistically over the body.

Anyways, I just got her loyalty mission and on a practical level all that's changed is that you no longer see a brief shot of her butt from close and directly behind it. You can still admire it from a wider angle and from the side.

Edited by Serenifly

People are really, really stupid. Crying "censorship" over this is beyond insane. Or whining that it's not a mature game anymore because you don't have two second butt shot. Over the top graphical eye candy is not what makes this a mature game. The story and all the sexual innuendo does that.

In general sexiness doesn't have to devolve into silliness, which it did in that scene. Especially given the otherwise serious topic they're talking about. It wasn't intended for comedic effect like some other stuff in the series. Yet it became a meme. Miranda is supposed to be very attractive. However, focusing on her butt for no reason can even detract from that and turn a character trait it into parody. Overall her outfit is still very sexualized, with her skintight pants for example, so nothing is lost.

It's similar with the way breasts are sometimes modeled in ME, where some dresses have kind of built-in bra cups. Rather than being sexy this is distracting for me and I'd rather have clothing drape more realistically over the body.

Anyways, I just got her loyalty mission and on a practical level all that's changed is that you no longer see a brief shot of her butt from close and directly behind it. You can still admire it from a wider angle and from the side.

Guys, I don't get why you feel the need to attack people who want the game restored. Everyone is entitled to feel how they feel and antagonizing them isn't helpful. Just let them have their opinion. They can feel about it however they want. No need to bully.