[LE] Custom hairstyle mesh crashing

So, I'm working on a small hairstyle mod that will replace the base game hairstyles with ones I'm creating myself. So far I've finished five hairstyles, and four of them work as intended, but the fifth one crashes the game when I try it out, and it also crashes in the Creation Kit. It's worth noting that all of the other ones were created by mashing up and editing base game hairstyles, while the fifth one was created by editing an entirely different mesh (hanging moss mesh) and mashing that together with a hairstyle, so I'm assuming the problem has to do with that other mesh I used. I also had a lot of trouble getting bone rigging and partitions to actually stick to this mesh, as they kept getting reset when exiting the program and loading the mesh up again later. Also maybe worth mentioning that the program I used to make this hairstyle was Outfit Studio, just 'cause I'm more familiar with that than NifSkope, but maybe it's not well suited for making hairstyles in? I really have no idea.

The mesh itself is kind of high poly, but I've compared it to the hairstyles of KS Hairdos, and they're typically twice the size of this one, so I don't think it's an issue with the size.

Hoping to get some help here, 'cause this mesh took several hours to make, and it would be a shame to have to ditch all that work and start over again.

I have found when this happens that the best bet is to open two nif files (1 vanilla/working file with the problem NIF) together and check the files; make sure you don't have any free floating files in NifSkope in Block List and expand each one by one. The numbering may be different but the files should be the same pay particular attention for free floating files also that will typically cause a crash. Good Luck!

If you had issues getting changes to stick when saving in OS that suggests that hanging moss shape (or some other shape in the mesh) has transforms that you need to clear first.

Double click the shape to open the shape properties window and check in the Coordinates tab. Make sure Scale = 1 and everything else is zero'd out. Now make your changes and redo your partitions.

Wouldn't hurt to check all your shapes while you're at it.