Ghosts - Dark Souls-Styled

BrotherBob

After releasing my Skeletons - Truly Undead mod, I became thoroughly convinced that some gameplay effects from Dark Souls could really find a home in Skyrim, a sentiment that I'm sure a solid number of members would agree with. I think that a ghost mod would be the next good idea.

In Dark Souls, ghosts are the bane of unaware new players. They can show up early in the game and quickly surprise players. This is not because their attacks are particularly devastating. Rather, this is because the player cannot engage them in normal combat. In a confrontation, the player can swing their weapon in vain, doing absolutely no damage to the ghosts. The ghosts do not even react to the attack (i.e. staggering backwards). On the other hand, ghosts can attack with their weapons and do damage right through shields and armor. One way to attack these "cursed" beings is to become "cursed" oneself. This is usually achieved by consuming a "Transient Curse", a hand of the undead. Apart from becoming "cursed", the player can engage the ghosts with a cursed weapon. Even if the player is using a cursed weapon, if they are not under the effect of a curse, their shield and armor will still be useless.

Anyway, if I had the knowledge and time, I'd attempt this myself, but I just don't. I hope someone decides to pick this up.

Yep, in Skyrim the whole "ghost" concept ends with the EffectShader. There is nothing special about ghosts other than their appearance (and voices, perhaps). You can treat them just like any other enemy.

Im also looking for a Ghost like Mod, i mean go look at the Oblivion Screens of Ghosts, yet Skyrim is a Joke with People drinking Phantom Potions and go Boo im a Ghost, Fear me if you dare. Seriously Dude. Edited by daventry

Apply racial ability to a race that gives 100% physical immunity..

The get the ability to apply properly, you need to go in and check/uncheck one of the boxes in the general tab (like "walks/swims"), then open the race window back up and just re-check the box.

I just recently used this to get a race to resist the effects of shouts.. after noticing that skeletons resist ice form (and disease and poison) through their "special racial ability"

Apply racial ability to a race that gives 100% physical immunity..

The get the ability to apply properly, you need to go in and check/uncheck one of the boxes in the general tab (like "walks/swims"), then open the race window back up and just re-check the box.

I just recently used this to get a race to resist the effects of shouts.. after noticing that skeletons resist ice form (and disease and poison) through their "special racial ability"

It's not as simple as you think. Anyway, I finished the mod, I just need some time to tinker it a little bit and test