Need Help With Buying RAM For My Gaming Laptop

Hello,

I have a couple of questions in regards to upgrading the RAM on my laptop.......

I want to buy more RAM for my HP OMEN 15-dc1020nr gaming laptop which only comes with 8GB of RAM. This will be the second and last upgrade that I'll make to my laptop. I've read on different websites that 16GB is optimal for gaming, however I would like to buy a 32GB kit(2 sticks of 16GB). I only play Skyrim SE (with mods of course) and occasionally The Elder Scrolls Online. Would 32GB of RAM be a waste of money for me?

Secondly, I would like to know what your opinion on crucial.com system advisor. How accurate is it in finding the right kind of RAM for your system?

Thanks in advance

Yes 32 is a waste of money unless you're editing 4K video, I have 32 in mine and never get near using all of it. In the future 32 will be useful but by the then the rest of your system will be out of date.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I need help deciding on what gaming laptop to get. This is going to be my first gaming laptop and I want it to be right one, even though I have been doing alot of research on this im still not 100% sure what to get. Please and thank you for any suggestions.

What games do you want to play? Where are you at, and how much do you want to spend?

Edited by HeyYou

• 3 months later...

Hi, I had bought 16 gb RAM fro my Lenovo Lap to edit 4k videos, Within one year my laptop doesn't work. I thought the problem was with my motherboard. but it was the RAM. My advise is to buy the same brand and same make of the RAM that is present in your lap. If your use is only for games I guess 16 is more than enough. My work includes running applications like Adobe premier pro, photoshop, I used to render 4k videos once in for a while, Used to run taxi dispatch software on apache framework, and some sound mixing softwares.