Anguti222

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is relative to my interests, I'm going to bump this.

Also, I've been poking around in Nifskope on how to do this and what I suggest is ripping the sleeves from one of the other trenchcoat armors, pasting it onto the duster, then retexturing it to have the same color as the duster. I'd do it myself but the best I've been able to do is seriously screw up the file.

That is the way to go. The NCR Ranger Combat Armor sleeves fit it pretty well or any of the Riot armors from lonesome road.
You'd need to remove the arms, fix the gaps and remove "the current sleeves" in blender though.

Brain's a little slow this morning, but essentially we're looking at the courier dusters having sleeves? I think just using the ranger vet armor's duster over the courier clothes & re-textureing (mostly just coloring & adn adding the symbol) would be the easiest/quickest. I'm not sure how far down you want the sleeves. Did you want the ranger gloves, or would you like some bare skin for the hands? Bracers, with or without? I'll try to put togetehr a model of the yesman variant as an example.

So I was looking over the courier dusters and they are (from the pics I was able to google, havn't taken a look at them in game) all essentially the same except for the symbol on the back. That to me seems like a wasted opportunity. I also saw the promotional art for lonesome here;

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/Images/5294093-1349071554.jpg

And it made me think, how much more interesting would each duster be if the model was unique to the faction. for instance the NCR duster would have a mix of the ranger clothes underneath (not the ranger vet breastplate). The Legion duster would have legion armor for the knee from Centurian Poleyns. In other words make each duster much more distinctive and reflective of each faction. I'm not sure about Yesman's duster, maybe some parts of the dapper gambling suit. With a darker color it that might look pretty good and fit the spade on back.

I thought it might also look to make it an animated nif so it flutters when your outside. I recall from an earlier thread that Astymma had linked me to a basic tutorial on morph anims.

If anyone likes this idea you could help me out by suggesting clothing, armor and items from the game that you think would fit the theme of each faction.

So you guys were right, better to fit the ranger vet (or riot gear) arms and shoulders to the courier duster. Easier and looks better (retains the courier duster style better). I only had about 10 minutes to work on it, so I didn't finsih it, but if I have time this evening I'll put it up.

rjhelms84 did a version of that duster from the concept art: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/44122//?

The different faction dusters sound really quite cool.

How about something like this for the Yesman duster:

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t407/Flamenx01/suit1_zps29733363.png

the suit is a retex of crockers from here http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/46735/? that looks much nicer than in screenshots.

Edited by flamenx01

Nice, how would you feel about a darker suit though? I'm pretty sure I could bump up the contrast on the suit texture, to get black and it would still preserve the pin stripping. I think I'd also look good to have a darker duster, but the spade may 86 that idea. And I think with the suit having duster sleeves would really shine

Darker suit would still look cool. The original duster was dark grey so the spade still shows up with that but if you go much darker it does disappear. Yeah much better with sleeves I actually forgot to add them.