Winterhold Player Home

Mockingbear

Hey all,

I have done some searching and have only found one simple player home for Winterhold (it was okay, still a little bare). If anyone was up to the task, I have some ideas for a simple home to replace the broken structure when you first enter Winterhold.

I'm interested in a Winterhold player home because I think my character fits well there, but I don't like the Archmage room (and I dont want to go through two loading screens either). Maybe the home could be bought only if you are Thane or something as well.

The simple farmhouse layout would be ideal to match the rest of the small city, but furniture should be noble since it is for the Dragonborn after all. Named storage is always a nice touch, as are plenty of weapon racks and shield holders. I also thing dagger cases are nice. Manaquins are ideal in the basement, smithing equipment etc. I think enchantment + alchemy tables look better when placed on a table, not the standalone object. I think the simple farmhouse size can fit more than it looks. The main problem with the farmhouse look is that the walls are not ideal, but some tapestries could change that.

I've tried the modding, and am not very good at it. I have high respect for those that can mod. Does this player home seem useful to anyone else? I like the idea of a simple outside look, but an inside that matches what the Dragonborn deserves. I also think it would be nice for that broken structure next to the inn to be transformed into the Thane of Winterhold's home. It's also where the horse spawns, so it would be perfect for the look.

Let me know what you think, thanks!