Invalid API Key

I'm trying to install mods for Mount & Blade II but the vortex manager won't accept my API Key not matter how much I try.

I'm not sure why this is happening and I'm getting quite sick of this manager, it's not good at all. I much prefer the nexus mod manager but it doesn't support the game. If anyone has any insight as to why it's refusing to allow me to use it properly, I would be most grateful.

Guest deleted34304850

on the contrary the mod manager is extremely good.

can you help us all out by giving the exact error message you get, rather than your interpretation of it? the exact error can help enormously.

Guest deleted34304850

a vpn wouldnt cause api issues.

are you logged in on the nexusmods website and are you logged in on the same account as the account in your vortex?

Guest deleted34304850

i'm wondering if there's something funky in your setup.

can you logout of nexusmods completely, then reboot everything, then log back in?

you may also want to scan your system for any kind of malware (i read a post once, a long, long time ago where someone had similar issues to you, and they found that they had some adware on their system that was playing badly).

you may want to also try a reboot of your router - just to see if that helps - but that message about the certificate worries me. i hate messages like that because certificates are horrible to fix up without a lot of messing about.

Guest deleted34304850

found a couple of links on the vortex github page that don't fill me with confidence;

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/5621

https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/issues/5146

take aways from those two posts -

1. make sure you have the latest .NET framework installed.

2.you may have some malware that has caused a problem in your certificate store.

3. Your anti-virus of choice may have caused a problem in your certificate store.

Guest deleted34304850

going back to your post about a vpn - what happens if you connect without going through a vpn?