Trying to Extend my mods compatability

lopez125

Ok so. Here is my issue i believe i've posted about this before but after finally taking a look at my mod in the CK the suggestion i was given would not seem to be the answer to this problem.

For some reason my mod Hold Specific Armors will not work if the game being ran does not have Dawnguard, or hearthfire installed. The mod for some reason requires both. Even in some cases the mod requires some other unknown file to run because friends of mine with dawnguard and hearthfire who have tried the game Still have issues getting it to start beyond the logo.

I'm very new to modding so i'm willing to bet i screwed up somewhere. But i'm not sure what i could've done that caused this. I've modified another file for another person but it too has the same issues, if Dawnguard or hearthfire are missing from the game it causes a crash after the logo.

What i'm looking for is a sure fire way to open this mod up to others who do not have these games and fix my crashing issues. The only way to do this that i've thought of is to uninstall my skyrim re-install minus my mods (Excluding the required immersive armors) and minus the official DLCs to prevent what would apparently be the somehow accidental loading of multiple .esms of which i apparently have no control of.

So thoughts on ways to avoid doing that or general concensus as to how to fix this with out doing that.

Well, the good news is that they don't require Dawnguard or Hearthfire.

The... indifferent?... news is that they require:

HSA1:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm (if they don't have this, then they're using a pirated game probably, so leave it)

Immersive Armors

Cloaks of Skyrim

HSA2:

All of the above, +

Spike.esm

HSA1.esp

I understand needing Spike, but I don't understanding only one of them needing Spike o.O

Edit: Since Immersive Armors requires Spike it doesn't much matter anyway.

It's probably a lack of Cloaks or Update that's causing people's crashes, since you apparently didn't realize it needed Cloaks. (If they don't have update, forget 'em. Just tell everyone to make sure they have the latest Skyrim patch number, since it means it won't work on older versions of Skyrim.) What you should do is probably make the Cloaks optional, but I can't tell you how to remove masters. It's not such a fatal flaw, anyway.

Edited by AnkhAscendant

I thought i had made Cloaks optional? I already know how to remove masters from the list post creation.

I do have to rebuild the mod from the ground up it's current... form is bad and i need to fix it.

Now i'm willing to bet that the problem is being caused by cloaks. Unfortunately that doesn't explain the crash i get when dissabling Darnguard or hearthfire.... Again whatever the situation is it's not showing up in the master file lists entirely.

As you clearly saw Dawnguard and Hearthfire are not there. But i can produce a crash by dissabling them in my load order... Given that i would say they for some reason required files? but idk why.

Edited by lopez125