How to revert NPC faces back

Hairyducks

Hello guys

I'm using a mod called TIE - Tamriel Immersion Experience, which completely overhauls numerous aspects of the game. It also changes the stats of NPCs, which I think is nice; however, it also changes the appearance of their faces, which isn't a bad thing on its own but looks very weird when combined with OCO (oblivion character overhaul)

Is there any way I can revert the faces to normal while keeping the stat changes from TIE?

Load the mod in TES4Edit, choose the NPC's whose face edits you don't like and in the FaceGen data section, copy the strings from Oblivion.esm, remove those brought by TIE and paste the vanilla facegen data.

You will still have a conflict if OCO modifies the same NPC's though.

Thank you very much!!! It works like a charm!

Is there a way I can do all NPCs simultaneously without having to do it one by one manually?

Mods that use extreme slider positions to create "unique" looking characters will have problems with Oblivion Character Overhaul v2 head meshes.

To amplify on the advice that OblivionAddited gives, find an NPC of that race that looks acceptable when using OCOv2 and use that NPC's face data (with an NPC selected in the left section of TES4Edit you'll scroll down the the very bottom in the right section ... FaceGen Data has three parts, two for mesh settings and one for textures).

You will need to go thru each individual NPC that needs adjusting though.