troubleshooting journal problem

Valascon

I intended to resume the game I'm playing and was checking the journal entries to remember what I needed to do. The pages in the journal are available to read, but the Quest and Topics page are missing. They were working at the time I exited the game yesterday.

Has this happened before to others? It's the first time I've run into this problem and don't know if there are any codes that will get things working again. I won't say it is due to a mod because I have not installed any once I started this game. I've been playing it several days now, and this is the first time this type of problem happened.

Thanks

So you could see the quest's name before when you sorted the active quests and now the name doesn't appear any longer?

And the words that led to a topic when you clicked on them don't do it any longer?

I've never had this problem, it's very strange.

I did some more testing and narrowed the problem down to some type of MWSE technical conflict involving Smart Journal mod. I have resolved the problem for now, but only by uninstalling the mod entirely. The problem did not happen immediately but took place over time afaict. I'll try SJ again sometime in the future.