Custom NPC assistance required...

Grabstein

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea but you probably won't like it. What I would do is start with one NPC, make sure is functioning properly, and then add a second, third and so on. It sounds to me like one or more of your NPCs have a conflicting problem.

Anyway, that is how I would work it out.

I'm not sure I follow the reasoning behind that, however I *know* how temperamental computers can be for no apparent reason.
I *did* notice, though, that when I had no sandbox package, they stayed in their room. When they were given the sandbox package to sandbox in the cell, they spawned in the main room and only sandboxed there. :-/ Looks kinda like it's an either or...`

Never heard of such odd behaviour in NPCs. It would be helpful if you could walk us through how they were created, what type of NPCs they are, what they are supposed to be doing inside the cell and what are the other master files your mod depends upon. Are you testing from a savegame or coc'ing into your cell from the main menu?

All NPCs have their own EditorID. All of them were created through the CK, also, with only the Update.esp and Apachii's Hair *.esps as dependents. Each NPC is a trainer and I've one fence and a bard. I, also, included a housecarl. They all run off of the same four packages, which I've listed a few times. I've tested my cell by using previous saves, coc-ing into and coc-ing to a near-by world location and walking to the cell.

Just a thought, but if they are running off of the same sandbox AI, then maybe they are all on the same schedule and that is why they are clumping?

This is probably why. If they all have identical AI package stacks, they will behave like clones. Give them different AI package stacks, even if you are recycling the same package template for different NPCs. Change the hours slightly (+1, -1) so they are not transitioning AI packages all at the same time.

The 'insult' thing sounds more like something caused by a mod. Are you testing this in a clean save and a clean installation without mods?

Edited by ripple

Well, yes, they are all running on the same schedule. I had all of them on the same "default" sandbox, earlier, and did not have the issue. Perhaps, it's because I've it set to cell, not to a reference? I just don't understand why they would all spawn in the same room, though, even with the same schedule. They're still set to sandbox, which they do, in the room they spawn in and *only* in that room. :-/