Custom NPC assistance required...

Grabstein

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably why. If they all have identical AI package stacks, they will behave like clones. Give them different AI package stacks, even if you are recycling the same package template for different NPCs. Change the hours slightly (+1, -1) so they are not transitioning AI packages all at the same time.

I've not attempted to work on the packages, yet. Gonna work on that, in a few, as soon as I put to good use the valuable lesson of taking a screenshot or jotting down the mod order... >.>

The 'insult' thing sounds more like something caused by a mod. Are you testing this in a clean save and a clean installation without mods?

*This* is why I've gotta re-order my mods. lol I ran with a completely clean save and unchecked all the mods, save *my* mod. I even went as far as to change the directory name of the "Meshes" and "Scripts" folders. I'm still being heckled. T.T

Alright, attempting to tackle the sleeping issue, since I can *not* figure out the name-calling. I made four separate sleep packages for my nine npcs. It did not work. I then added an "X" marker. They now draw to the room, but not at their apportioned time. I have assigned them each beds, but they do not sleep. They just stand there until "morning". Is this because I have the "X" marker instead of the individual bed targeted? The "original" sleep package is just a time modified "stock" sleep package, from the game.

It's hard to determine what might be wrong without seeing your package settings. Can you post some screen shots?

Sleep packages should allow you to select a target bed (which you will need to do separately for each packages). You can also set the ownership of each bed to be specific to each NPC actor, so they won't get confused and start sleeping in each other's beds. Generally, setting them to sleep in a cell with the beds using ownership tags should be sufficient.

If these are unique actors, the other thing you should do is to set their persistent location to the cell you want them to sandbox/sleep in.

Edited by ripple

Those are basically my thoughts, as well. I will get some screenies, when I get home. I only configured the sleep packages for times and location with the default "Furniture:Bed" setting. I've not yet specified individual beds, although each bed does have a specific owner. The only NPC that I have specified a bed for goes to bed 3 hours later than scheduled, every time. Waiting and fast waiting no not alter this.

*EDIT*: There is only one cell, but multiple rooms. When I set their sandbox to cell, they all stay in the "common room". They do not spawn in the room they should, nor do they spend any time in the room they should spawn in.

Edited by Grabstein

See if their 'sandbox in cell' radius is wide enough, say, 2000 rather than 512 or 256. That should make them reach out farther around the cell.

If you have given them identical ai packages, that is very probably why they aren't sandboxing correctly, like the others pointed out.

It's always a good idea to give individual sleep packages, and select specific separate beds for them to use. Unless you want them to share a common double bed.

Still have no idea what's causing them to name-call. I have never made a player home or NPCs to live inside a player home. Have you set their factions correctly? Is the cell set to be owned by you or is it an unowned cell? Stuff like that might screw something up, idk.

I actually like the fact that you have the option to micro-manage an NPC's daily routine. It's pretty flexible and you only need to manage them as much as you think necessary. The default packages work well for generic filler NPCs.

Their sandboxing was set to "cell", which does not allow for a radius. It is possible that the sharing of packages has caused this "disturbance". The cell is owned by myself, is set as player home and as an inn (I've a bard).