Vampire: Requiem for the Masquerade

29 May 2013 1:00 a.m.

A sleek, dark jet flew threw the night sky as a ghostly ark in a see of clouds and a pale moon. It's origin was Swedish; from a private line owned by a clandestine company which was evident in its making: there was something off about it. Where one would expect there to be windows, there were none, save for the windows of the cockpit. It had no airline labels on it or company seals, just a smooth body with a few dark coloured stripes. If only the common folk knew what this one vessel held...

Björn reclined lazily in his seat, tipping his fluted wine glass back and draining its contents. The still-warm salty liquid staying his hunger for just long enough for him to get something more...proper in his system. He never slept during the night either; always retreating to sleep as soon as the first rays of sun broke over the horizon. If that wasn't odd, then the fact that he had not one bit of food in his home must strike one a strange chord? It was too bad that none of the people who ever witnessed most of it ever lived to make the connections. Björn always got to them first....always got to them before they fully figured it out: he was a vampire.

That liquid in his wine glass? It was blood stored for one such special occasion as that. If he did stay out to meet the sun, he'd be a neat little pile of ash right now. Normal food would never sate him; in fact, it would make him violently ill. He needed the liquid that ran through the veins of petty little mortals.

Björn looked across his part of the plane. It was mostly empty save for two other of his kind, the Kindred, who minded their own business. Björn was readily excited; he was to attend a huge social event in London for the Kindred, a sort of fake charity where so many of the biggest names on Kindred lips would be mingling. He had conversed with his friend, Ameline, a Russian Toreador, about the event. He related to her about how excited he was about it and hoped she was as well.

A light blinked on near the cockpit and the pilot voice echoed through the plane: 'We are close to our destination, be prepared to fasten seat belts and descent.'

Björn looked over to Astrid, the only other Kallisti in Stockholm and grinned 'I think we are both due a bit of relief, after all that's been happening.'

Astrid looked up from her laptop that she was typing on and adjusted her blonde braid 'Relief would be very welcome indeed. I'm really interested in the gossip too,' she chuckled darkly.

Björn immediately experienced a change in mood, remembering what was happening back home and frowned 'I am very worried though. I feel that if we are away, even worse things will happen. I mean, I know it has been a while since we found any bodies, but still...' He trailed off, not wanting to think about the things he saw.

And horrible things he did see. Lately in Swede, Stockholm and Malmö especially, several Kindred have turned up Diablarized. At first, this was extremely shocking and no one had a clew at first as to who the culprit was. But thanks to a Kallisti in Malmö, the Kindred soon discovered what many had already guessed and dreaded: the Assamites were stalking and assassinating the Kindred of Sweden. The Assamites had followed their Middle Eastern cattle into Europe when thousands of them began to immigrate to Europe.

To say there was a clash of culture and race was to put it very shallowly. In the terms of the Kindred, it may as well have been a genocide against the European Kindred and a holy war wrapped into one. Every one of the Assamites found and restrained screamed about Gehenna and Allah and his chosen people taking back the night. They claimed that the European Kindred would suffer from their wicked decadence and refusal of Allah and the day Gehenna would begin, their blood would boil out of their bodies.

Most of the Kindred wrote much of this off as religious hype and examples of just 'a few extremists', but there are many Kindred who are beginning to see patterns in places. A dark dread has begun to form in their minds and only time will tell what happens next.

Astrid frowned too 'I know... But we do know who did it and each one of them have been executed. The Sheriff did an excellent job of finding them.'

'I just can't shake the feeling that we haven't even really scratched the surface. I feel that us being gone, something bad is going to happen. Don't you remember how when we all thought we were done each time, they kept happening again?'

'I do, but maybe we did get them all. It's just best not to think about those things right now. Don't worry yourself so much right now, try to enjoy the trip; I know I will,' Astrid smiled wickedly.

'I will,' Björn gave in. 'I'll text Ameline that we're getting close. I can't wait to see her; it's been such a long time.' Björn texted Ameline a quick message on his iPhone: 'We're getting close. I can't wait to see you!'

Edited by AltmerLover1313

"Another one?" Came the velveteen voice of Ameline, reclined in the back seat of a sleek black Bentley Flying Spur (2014 of course), her legs crossed tightly and one heavily manicured hand gripping onto the above-door support handle. She was on her way to the airport to meet Bjorn, a friend she had met on her last trip to Sweden some three years back. She distinctly remembered the rather perfect-looking blonde who stuck out as a newborn amongst Kindred society in Stockholm... she had to give it to the boy however, he knew how to wrap people around his little finger, even in the early days of his Vampirism, But knowing his sire, it wasn't too hard to believe.

"Yeah, found his apartment in a right state, and he hasn't been home in at least three weeks." Replied the voice of an informant, stood on the scene of the crime. Around him was a cluttered apartment room with upturned tables and chairs, smashed doors and broken walls, like whomever had been taken had put up one hell of a fight.

Ameline sighed deeply and leant her forehead into the palm of her hand. Leaning back upright she responded finally. "Tidy it up and mark yet another disappearance on the list... I'll have to bring this up in the meeting once we arrive... I'd quite like to get to the bottom of all this, it's costing me eyes and ears by the minute." Her voice heavily accented as she deepened her tone with anger.

"I know the feeling A, but we all know who's the main suspect here."

"That we do Bronsky... with any luck the Prince and the other clans will have a little more for us, I've dug up what I can, but representatives from around Europe will be flying in with their own stories to tell."

"But the focus of the meeting isn't these recent... events, Ameline, it's the same as it is every year."

"Not this year Bronsky, I'll make it so. Look, I've got to go, but I should see you there .do svidaniya" There was a resolute calm in her voice at that point, she meant every word of bringing up these mysteries at the gala, whether it was wanted or not.

"Do svidaniya." With that Bronsky ended the call and got to work. he had one hell of a mess to clean up before the landlords busted down the door to find out where their occupant had gone.

After about ten minutes, Ameline got a bleep on her mobile phone, a crimson-cased I-Phone 5, reading 'We're getting close. Can't wait to see you!'

Ameline smiled and replied back quickly 'I can see the plane already hon. Minutes now!'

Getting out of the car as it came to a halt on the side of the runway, Ameline's huge fur coat blew about in the wind. She was dressed like a Gareth Pugh girl with a Cavali coat, the fur article layered in differing colours, all bright and eye catching, beneath this her entire body was cased in a crocodile and python skin catsuit, tight as can be, and on her feet a pair of bright red ankle boots, seven inches of quality custom Louboutin.

She gazed at the sleek black vehicle as it slowly began to decrease it's altitude, nose turning up as it came into land. It was funny watching all these modern inventions at work, Ameline was born in the early 1700... but she'd gotten used to things fairly quickly, she was nothing if not adaptable.

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Salvador sat in his seat in the middle of the court of the Prince Of London. The court itself was a large room lined with marble flooring and pillars that also served as a ballroom when needed or a dining hall. Salvador was a tall man with a full dark beard and a thick head of hair that swept back over his head, he was muscular from countless years as a warrior and he never let that body go unlike the other members of his clan he didn't live for decadence and leisure and power-gathering he lived for a purpose he wore a dark armani pinstripe suit with a crimson red silk shirt, he preferred fine clothes, in the days of his life he was known for wearing the best clothes of the fashion, mostly because his wife made him. The suit clung to his body and nearly every finger held an expensive ring. His hand rested on the femur-bone hilt of a large rune sword as he stroked his beard and stared into the eyes of the bound kindred before him on his knees. His role as Sheriff was taxing, especially recently with all the disappearances. He hated these small fry Childes that break the laws of the Camarilla that keeps him in court until dawn,

'Warren Bolock, you are hearby sentenced to the Final Death for the crime of endangering the masquerade. How would you prefer your method?' He asked, the evidence was clear. The videos surfaced on youtube of Warren bearing his fangs at a mortal and standing over a body of a young woman. These new generation Childe's and their idiot sires have no sense of honor anymore, the man on his knees before him was fairly young in appearance but was close to fifty. The man was having a hard time with his decision, he knew he was fated for this the second he was brought into this court.

"By steel Sheriff....." He said lowly, Salvador nodded. He at least had the stones to go out like a warrior.

Salvador raised from his marble stone throne with the massive broadsword in his hand, the finely tailored suit clung to his body to reveal the muscles underneath. He flicked his hand and the two Kindred that held him down prepared him by pulling back his coat and pushing him forward to reveal his neck. Salvador took the phial of oil from his ghoul and gently coated the ancient blade with it and then took a two handed grip and held the blade high over his head, he exhaled swiftly and brought the blade down on the Kindred's neck with a single swift blow that cut through bone, flesh and sinew effortlessly and parted his head from his shoulders.

One of his many servants stepped up and whispered into his ear as he wiped the black blood from his sword, "Sir, the meeting is at sunset... I suggest you feed and go to ground." Said the fair haired older man, a ghoul that was assigned to him as a personal assistant and a good one. He never learned their names he just called each one the same name, Jeeves. He nodded a thank you to Jeeves and snapped his fingers, 'Dispose of the body... court dismissed.' He instructed calmly as he left the main court room.

The jet descended silently, eerily silently, and touched ground, coming to a smooth halt.

'It looks like we're here,' Björn stated the obvious 'What are your plans for this evening, Astrid?'

'Hm? Ah, I was planning on feeding soon and heading the Primogen's manor afterwords to get comfortable and prepare for the gala tomorrow, why do you ask?' Astrid responded matter of factly.

'Just curious. I was planning on spending the night with Ameline; feeding soon, of course. I'd love for her to show me around London a bit; I hear it's quite the lovely city.'

Astrid 'hmphed'. 'Lovely in those little minuscule parts where some civilization remains, you mean? You know as well as I do what has happened lately..' she spat bitterly.

Björn sighed and organized the things he had around his chair 'I understand. I just want to view the bright side, at the very least.'

'I know..,' Astrid seemed to recall some distant, fogged memory of a time before, but it passed 'This city and many others like it have fallen into filth. I have hope, but it drains night after night,' she packed her laptop in its case and moved to make her way out of the passenger's lounge 'If you will excuse me, I should get to collecting my things, Björn. I would like to converse with you later, though. I'm sure you'll have some....interesting....information to share, knowing how you work people.'

Björn chuckled 'Perhaps... But I'll only tell you if you promise me to stop being so pessimistic,' he winked and left the passenger's lounge with his belongings.

Stepping through the door, the cold night wind braced Björn head on, waking his whole system. It was refreshing, though tainted with city stench as was to be expected, but refreshing nonetheless. He scanned the crowd to find Ameline, looking over the parked vehicles and the few souls who were standing out to great the Swedish Kindred.

Ameline perched herself gracefully upon the bonnet of the onyx-black Bentley and flicked her her hair, rolling her eyes at the men whom ogled at her, clearly they were here to pick up the other Swedish Kindred, but their eyes had wandered far from the plane it seemed, and onto the features of the Russian Toreador who so cruelly ignored them. She didn't imagine Bjorn would find it at all too difficult to spot her amidst the men in black suits, as if her brightly coloured coat was not enough to scream 'I'm here, look at me!' The glossy red head of hair so ritually dyed was another tell-tale sign.

Spotting the young blonde Kindred dismounting the ramp of the silent jet, Ameline grinned and pushed herself from her perch like a feline, braking into something of a tottering run considering her heels (she was extremely well versed in how to do anything in heels) dashing for Bjorn with open arms. When she reached him she clasped her long arms around his back and embraced him warmly, moving one down to squeeze his perky bottom.

"My my Bjorn, you still have your perfect rump? It is so good to finally see you again! Come, come I have 'wine' awaiting us in the car, come!" Ameline's smile was still present as she grabbed Bjorn's forearm and marched her way back to the expensive vehicle, clicking her fingers to have Bjorn's luggage taken care of. The chauffeur opened the door for them both and Ameline crawled in first, cracking open the bottle of red liquor and procuring a pair of fine crystal glasses, both marked with a black rose.

Björn jumped a little when Ameline squeezed his bum, still not quite used to his friend's friendlier actions. His face turned a slight shade of pink (if that was at all capable for the Kindred) and he smiled widely, happy to see his old friend again.

'It's great to see you too!' Björn hugged Ameline back 'And thank you for the, ah, complement, ahaha,' he laughed some what awkwardly.

Björn had to pick his pace up quickly as Ameline pulled him towards her car. As the two got in the car, Björn was quite impressed with how well she ran here hired helped. 'You run a rather tight ship, my friend,' he noted and thanked her for the glass. 'I notice you still have your unholy love for seemingly impossible heels,' he laughed 'I'll have just a little; I'm looking for something a little more..alive,' he winked. 'I have much to tell you, but why don't you fill me in on what's going on around here?'

Edited by AltmerLover1313

Salvador returned to his loft apartment to find a young dark-haired woman with deep brown skin, she was persian. A gift from the Shiekh and one from his herd. Salvador smiled as she danced nearly naked on the silk sheeted bed, he set Maria down on the crystal table and picked up the wine glass filled with the blood of his slain enemy, his preferred blood. Most Ventrue drank from young girls or boys and they drank from them exclusively, Salvador preferred the blood of his vanquished enemies, his current drink came from a buisness rival in his holdings in South America. The memory of his demise slipping across his mind with a faint smile.

'Jasmine... it has been sometime.' He said calmly as he sipped, feeling the blood swim through his veins and restoring him. His buisness affairs left him little time to feed, being the Sheriff gave him many responsibilities but left him with greater power and control. His rivals in the clans hated him because he defied nearly every standard amongst the Ventrue but they respected him because he upheld the greatest Ventrue methodology, earn power by any means nessecary.

Jasmine smiled slightly, her dark eyes fixed on him. "I merely wanted to see you master... but I bring you a message, from a friend." She said without stopping her dance, her day job was that of an exotic dancer and he knew she mimicked the movements of a snake in her dance, remembering his family crest bore the symbol of a snake. Salvador's curiosity perked at her mentioning of a message, but what took his greater curiosity was the friend she had mentioned yet he made no notice of this as he swirled and drank his blood.

Salvador smirked and peered into her eyes, he saw no hint of deception so he continued. 'Tell me the message...' He instructed. Jasmine slowly descended from the bedpost she was twirling around and climbed into his lap and kissed his neck. "Bjorn Gustafsson from Stockholm has arrived... a friend in the Stockhom court also informs me they have been dealing with numerous disappearences and diablarizations." She whispered into his ear, he smiled and nodded. Now the pawns were in order, time to take the king. Her information was good enough for him and for the rest of the day he rewarded her for her loyalty.

Ameline filled Bjorn's glass a quarter of the way when he mentioned he only wished for a little, smiling as she handed it to him her own glass was filled three quarters, but she too wished to feed on something a little more... alive. Putting the bottle back into the small champagne refrigerator that sat between the two rear seats.

At the mention of her heels Ameline held up her leg to show them off a little "Of course I still love my impossible heels, what's not to like? Apart from the risk of a broken neck..." She joked, lowering her foot again and settling back into the leather seat, taking a large sip from her glass with a small sigh.

"What has happened? Well... so much happens in London my dear it's hard to take it all in... But we have been plagued by a number of... disappearances, but I don't to spoil the mood of your trip with such matters. Instead, why don't I show you around a little? I can explain the more heartening news as we go along."

Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Not too far off the coast sailed a cargo ship, its destination: the Port of London. The ship was eerily devoid of commotion, save for a haunting whistle that permeated the silence. The whistling was ever present, spewed out from every single speaker on the ship. The origin of the whistling was the captain's cabin, and the one person left 'living' on the ship. Standing in the midst of the decrepit corpses of the captain and the ship's navigators was a lone vampire, steering the ship, dancing, and whistling in a fashion reminiscent of the classic tugboat captain Mickey Mouse. He knew nothing of captaining a ship, but luckily he had help from those who did. Of the myriad of voices that raged on in his mind, he devoted a great deal of energy to filter out the others and focus on one that gave him a steady stream of instructions of captaining the ship. Without a crew this ship would only make it so far, but luckily London was within sight, this vampires destination was within reach.

Björn quietly thanked Ameline for the offered glass.

At the mention of disappearances, Björn furrowed his eyebrow, remembering all too well what the disappearances in Stockholm meant. He pushed that aside for now, though would certainly question her on what they were like; Bjprn believed that one could never be too careful.

'Yes, I would love to see London, or, at least, what we can see tonight. I hear there are many places dedicated to the Kindred here. Hopefully with some food ?'