Hopefully Dark Souls II Fixes Magic

scottym23

I was PvPing just recently in the kiln, and noticed quite a bit of people spamming magic. It didn't annoy me at first, until I realized just how cheap it really was. I was actually hit with a crystal soul spear the second I was done my invading animation that did 60% of my health, then I was staggered and hit with a second spear that did me in. I understand the staggering part was my own fault and wearing better armor/wolf ring would fix that problem, but magic in general in dark souls seem too easy to use and too overpowered...

Another time I invaded someone they used dark bead and the homing missiles continuously until my stamina was out and then I was done for.. It just doesn't seem like it's fair in the slightest. I suppose I could counter the magic with full havel's armor...but again I don't think it's fair for my build to be dictated by another person's cheap tactics.

I hope that for the next installment of this nonetheless brilliant game, they make the magic more balanced and have better counters to it than in this game. Anyone else agree?

I regularly pwn casters... They can't hit me very often. That sounds more like lag or lack of dodging skill on your end than a problem with the game.

I regularly pwn casters... They can't hit me very often. That sounds more like lag or lack of dodging skill on your end than a problem with the game.

It's definitely not because of lag and lack of dodging skills on my part. I'm not amazing at PvP by any stretch, but definitely competent enough to handle most situations effectively. The major problem I have with magic is how much damage it does and can potentially do because of the items in the game that bump up the damage significantly.

When i'm being dealt 60% of my health off of a single semi-quick spell, I don't care how good your dodging skills and connection are. The game format shouldn't force you to HAVE to dodge 100% of the attacks in order to stand a chance.

I've been using the crest shield that blocks 80% of magic, and am still getting my entire stamina bar taking out while blocking and then a big chunk out of my health when someone uses dark magic directly in my face. At some point during the fight I need to attack, and when I do all that person needs to do is take some punishment and do dark magic, which will almost undoubtedly work out in their favor with trading damage.