Raising Your Kids Family Interaction Overhaul

Markala

I enjoyed Hearthfire myself, i enjoyed the house building, the fact of your character for once, the hero, settling down and getting a family. I have my own issues with the DLC of course.

Such as the child interaction.

The limit on building all your homes the same, or close to it.

And the short interactions with your spouse.

I do give Bethesda a break though! because i remember playing the fable series, and they had marrage, but it was semi-subpar in the first game, and then they expanded with each game after that, until the point you could have your own kids and watch them grow. [even though i felt the time laspes were horrible to the hero's family]

I also think that Bethesda doesn't go into great detail in these things, because they leave things open to the modders, i was disappointed when i was looking after i got hearthfire on my PC game, and went looking for mods for the house building, and saw nothing.. Im just now seeing hearthfire rooms in the houses redone, but what i would like to see is different things being able to be built onto the house, or in the throphy room having a better choice of what can be displayed, like.. modded baby dragons, or werewolves, or even vampires/vampirelords/vampirichounds. They all drop things that could be used in there, but theres no mod, or update for this.

I think for a first shot, Bethesada didn't do to bad, but they could have done better with the reactions, i enjoy the mod Interesting NPCs because the characters interact so well. [though some of the player's questions, seemed forced, and sometimes blocky in choice]

I actually think adding more interaction with the children would be great, and what i would like to see is some teenage mods as well, the whole game maybe has two teenagers that i can think of, i feel this is as unrealsic as the non-human races not having children. I would enjoy one day seeing a mod that allows your children to grow up, to a point, but that would come after the child interaction is fixed. I do know of some mods that incresse some interaction, but nothing like dialog.

1: Child Followers [all it really does is allow you to take any child with you. not even your own. And they do fight with/for you]

2: Armor for children followers. [Turns Children into proper followers and allows you to put protection on them, say if you have killable children on, so they don't get one shotted.]

I really hope someone does make more mods for Hearthfire, but im afraid people think it is a waste or something, but they don't reaslise how much more wonderful they could make the DLC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A toy store with action figures that are just mannequins with armor shrank down,each would have a different price based on the armor. An Easy-Bake Atronach Forge,Creepy Chaurus' Bug Maker,Dwemer Erector Set, and My First Alchemy Kit. Like someone else said child-sized armor ,either replica wooden or actual armor.Also scary masks for Boys and Princess outfits for Girls.Oh,Yeah a playground with a carousel with Dragons and the like inter-mixed with the standard Horses(one modeled after Shadowmere),a Children's Labyrinth and maybe some slides and standard stuff like that.

Edited by SkurgeDrakken

• 1 month later...

the children are amazing. I get 6 children (nexus mod: multiple children), their clothes are noble (nexus mod: Prince & The pauper), I give them daedric & dragon daggers, et cetera. but everything you just mentioned still lacks in game. I cannot take them anywhere. when I tell them to go to another house, they answer: "Ok I'll meet you there"! that's where I feel I was dating with my girlfriend! anyway, Hearthfire would become most amazing if even some of these great suggestions are applied to it...

No modder cares about this, they're to obsessed in making swords, armors and sh!ts, It will be cool to have a mod like this but modders don't care about kids and stuff, they're obsessed with the fans

That's rather generalized. Different modders like making different mods. Some will like making armors and swords and stuff like that. Others don't.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try to do my best making these kind of mods...

when CK stops crashing my whole computer at startup.

I wouldn't say that all modders are self-absorbed, selfish, greedy, popularity-seeking people. (Also, that's not the way to entice them to make this mod for you) Now, being a modder myself (other games. Just starting here), I do have my own plans for a family mod.

Most of the things listed in this thread are not impossible to do, but are extremely script-heavy, and very difficult to make. Most games don't dare attempt such a level of detail for a family recreation. Besides, Skyrim is an adventure game at its core. If the player were to use a family mod of such scope, with the constant requirement of being at home, they'd have to give up their adventuring life! They'd never be able to travel past the next town!

I like realism as well, but there must be a way to create a believable family mod that isn't so... chaotic(?) and restraining. It has to be able to maintain the player's freedoms while enticing them into the RP element towards their family. The chaotic events described earlier would be more likely to drive them away. Families may have conflict, but surely they should be happy?

Best implementation: Timed, random quests. Random personalities for children upon initialization of the mod, and a good level of interactivity between the player/spouse and the children. (Custom animations required for the latter.)

Varsaigen, I agree with your post, I posted a similar thread not too long ago, in which I also said that Marriage should be also an activity, and not to make it into Sims 5: Skyrim, but as part of the RPG system and as a factor to add immersion into the game. You could even simplify things using the Radiant System and Dialogue already found in the game files.

Or even better, make custom spouses (male-female-Kahjiit and Argonians also for our fellow Kahjiit/Argonian Elder Scrollers) and having custom voices and dialogues, it has been done countless times (Interesting NPCs and the innumerable ammount of followers and npcs out there) that's not impossible at all.

They can have custom AI and work as followers aswell if you like, etc. There many things that can be done without being Script-Heavy, and even make simple mods that add little features that add to the immersion.

Basically the idea is to make marriage something more immersive and interesting, I even found a pic that sums the entire Marriage thing in Skyrim (even in Hearthfires):

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/241/788/657.jpg

...Because Skyrim...

Edited by Krovi