Profiles Lost

Wererommel

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Profiles, saves and the mods file all seem to be intact. No idea how to get Vortex to read them though.

Reinstalling Vortex did not help. Maybe I should uninstall first?

Booting from the BU Vortex file got me the same dumb message, but it also gave me a warning from my virus checker.

So, I guess there is nothing wrong with the staging path. Any other ideas what it could be?

I already reinstalled Vortex, so I doubt it's corrupted, and the data files seem to be in good order. I've not changed any mods outside of Vortex. This all started, though, when I noticed one of my player homes had disappeared. Somehow, the mod got uninstalled without me changing anything, which was considerably odd to start with. And then, I tried to restore a Vortex save from three days previous. The program said it needed "repair", so I did that, but nothing got repaired. Instead, Skyrim SE disappeared from Vortex, and I couldn't boot it without destroying all my data and starting over from the beginning.

In the instructions I gave you I asked you to run Command Prompt ("Eingabeaufforderung" in german), not Powershell. Then I was very explicit you keep the quotes, in your screenshot you left them out (initially).

And then you mistyped "mods" as "mode".
I wasn't kidding when I said "exactly like this".

Anyway, going by your deployment.json file and the "--get" call however, it seems like the staging folder is in fact set correctly.

If so, this is likely more severe unfortunately. Please check if "D:\vortex mods\skyrimse" actually contains your mods, specifically the ones mentioned in the error message.

If not, you (or someone with access to your PC or malware) deleted the mods from the content of the staging folder.

I tried command prompt, but couldn't get it to work. The Microsoft documentation led me to believe it had been replaced by Powershell. Powershell has some different rules. Tried the quotes, but couldn't do a thing with them. Typing "Vortex" didn't work, it had to be "Vortex.exe". Also, it had to be preceded by ".\". I swear, they must change these things just for fun.

Skyrimse contains 103 GM of data, which is more than in the backup I made a few weeks ago, so I'm pretty sure nothing (or anyway not much) got deleted.

No one has access to my PC but me, and I do a thorough virus check every day.

Guest deleted34304850

to open a command prompt - hit your windows key and R (run) then in the box that pops up, enter CMD and you should get a very basic DOS prompt.

Guest deleted34304850

not much unless you remove all the vortex folders in appdata which basically destroys everything